Likes Likes:  442
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $$$$$$ WRUW Monday 13/03/2017 $$$$$$

$$$$$$ WRUW Monday 13/03/2017 $$$$$$

well two on a trot makes a change so today I think a back shot as there are some watches that look just as good from the back as from the front so today is a 1918 trench watch by vertex before they was famous

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Got back home yesterday, after a week in Puget Sound cleaning up my parent's house, getting ready to sell it eventually. My parent's are both still alive - in their 80s - in a long-term care facility now. My father is a bit of an horology geek (I didn't fall far from the tree) but his tastes run more to very accurate quartz pilot watches. I found a '70s Bucherer mechanical chrono that I need to service, and I am rather sure there's a '50s Rolex in the safe deposit box, which stopped running 45 years ago. I plan to fix that once I can retrieve it. For now there's this Falcon 24 hour quartz (licensed from Glycine, they were an authorized distributor in the 80s-00s) which was still ticking in the drawer after a 2009 battery change. (There was a note in the ziplock bag with battery change info - dad's a bit OCD.) It was only 20 seconds off from NIST time after how many years? Impressive. Strap swap and on the wrist it goes...

Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Going to spend the week with the X-Lume and it's going to be a busy one....

Name:  xlume3.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  65.6 KB

Good day, IWL.

Naked wrist - yes, you read that right. I'm counting on a delivery today, if DHL doesn't decide otherwise. It's something very affordable and nothing special, really. We'll see if I'm not going to regret this acquisition...

I'll talk to you later; at least, I hope so.
    Last edited by CFR; Mar 13, 2017 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post

Now there's a thing - and we talk about tool watches...

I'm not the sort to go for relics but that is just great.
    Last edited by tribe125; Mar 13, 2017 at 06:06 PM.

6. Likes skywatch, iyonk, mlcor, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    The new one for Monday...

Grand Seiko SBGR053 ¦ Nomos Tangomat Datum ¦ ​Tudor Pelagos ¦ ​Grand Seiko SBGA011

Three days of education.

...annoying

Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches