Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here have a Submariner 14060?

Blog Entries

Anyone here have a Submariner 14060?

I was actually browsing for a used DeepSea when I came across a Submariner no date 14060. Normally I ignore older Submariners since they wear a bit small compared to the current model, but this one really caught my eye because of the drilled lugs. That's a bit of a killer feature; I really think that's the one thing that's missing from my Black Bay, for example.

Anyway, I was comparing it to the 114060, but pictures can only tell you so much. Anyone here have a 14060? Or both?

vs.

On one hand, the 114060 does look thoroughly modern without losing the Submariner aesthetic, but drilled lugs and a vintage Submariner might not be the worst thing in the world. Is the bracelet really crappy on the 14060?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes iyonk, TigerDore, synequano liked this post
    Moved to central
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I think a 14060 might be too small for your tastes Raza going from your comments in the past

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    I think a 14060 might be too small for your tastes Raza going from your comments in the past
    I'm just wondering how much smaller it wears. I mean, by previous accounts, my Black Bay and Ranger were too small for me too, but now 41mm and 42mm are the norm for watches in my collection. I wonder if the 14060 falls into an acceptable size range for me now.

Alan used to have similar one IIRC, but the date version... before he sold it for the Tudor.

i always fond the no date sub.. but i will go for the modern version for convinient and peace of mind.. (like i could afford one anytime soon.. )
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

I don't, but I like the top one so much more.

8. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    The bracelet on previous gen subs are unacceptable.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I guess there are many dealers in Jp that has the older sub in stock

I like the case shape of the older sub but I like the dial of the newer gen...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    I guess there are many dealers in Jp that has the older sub in stock

I like the case shape of the older sub but I like the dial of the newer gen...
    Actually, believe it or not, that Sub is at a certified dealer back home. One I wouldn't buy from, because poor customer service experiences, but it's a good place to shop around because their preowned inventory is online. That Sub was going for around $5K. Don't know if it's still available. It's tough...50% more gets you the new Sub. But I'm less interested in the new Sub now that I have a Black Bay. Vintage is a different story though, and I'm a sucker for drilled lugs. Just mulling it over, anyway. I still think the Explorer or Explorer II is the Rolex for me.

Hollow centre links and end links on the 14060.

Don't think you'd like that.