Likes Likes:  10

Thread: **** Recipes ****

**** Recipes ****

Was thinking I use to do a lot of fun cooking but just seem to do meals and stuff now, but not for fun if you get me so was thinking of trying to get chance to do some of the more fun ones goodies in other words love walnut cake for example buy one from a local shop probably once a week they do these slices they are not bad for the price but been meaning to do my own always taste better when you put the effort in and also does not feel as naughty either,

My idea was if you got any great recipes can be anything really but cakes would be good but not going to say it has to be just cakes all recipes could be fun

What ya got then guys / girls

As always Ismy

this one I found to get the ball rolling

walnut Butter Cake - rich and sweet butter cake LOADED with ground walnut, the best cake ever....

Prep time:15 Minutes

Cook time:45 Minutes

Total Time:60 Minutes

Ingredients:

110g (4 oz) all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    125g (4.5 oz or slightly more than 1 stick) salted butter, room temperature
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    80g (3 oz) fine sugar
    2 large eggs

2 tablespoons milk
    60g (2 oz) walnut, processed in a food processor until fine
    30g (1 oz) whole walnut, for topping

Method:

Grease the baking pan with butter. Sift the flour and baking powder, set aside
    Cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar till fluffy and pale (take about 4 mins using electric hand mixer at speed 2). Add in the eggs one at a time, cream well until well combined before adding another one.

Fold the flour, ground walnut and milk, and mix to combine well. Transfer the batter into the greased pan, shake gently to level off the batter. Sprinkle the whole walnuts on top.

Bake at a pre-heated oven at 180C (350F) for about 30-35 mins or until a cake tester inserted into the walnut butter cake comes out clean.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes skywatch, boatme99, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Crepes. Just because I made some for breakfast today.
    Makes 3 LARGE or a few small ones.

2 eggs, beaten
    1/2 C flour
    pinch salt
    1 C milk

Add flour & salt to eggs, mix
    Add milk while mixing

Add flavored extract if desired

Batter should be very runny, not thick like pancake batter.

Preheat pan on med-low.

Pour in ungreased pan, swirl to fill pan. Cook like pancakes.

Fill and roll up up with anything sweet or savory.

For breakfast I like to fill with sour cream, cottage cheese (ricotta works), and pineapple jelly.

Shredded pork, rosemary, and cooked cranberry works.

You can fill with just about any meat, fruit, or light cheese. Try any combo you think you could choke down.

4. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    The beans I made the other day. This is my default recipe, though I also make at least a half dozen other versions of baked/smoked beans. I call these "smoky baked beans".

4-6 bacon slices or 1 slice ham, chopped.(This is completely otpional. A vegetarian one does not even need
    fat added. If the beans are not smoky enough with the bacon ommitted simply add bacon salt or a drop or two of liquid smoke.)
    1 1/2 cups chopped onion
    1 1/4 cups BBQ sauce, homemade or your favourite purchased
    3/4 cup dark beer
    1/4 cup molasses
    3 tablespoons Yellow mustard
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste.
    4 to 6 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chilies, or home smoked chipotles, or hank's Adodbo
    1-2 green peppers chopped

If you want to start from scratch, cook two bags of black beans using your favourite method and save some
    cooking liquid.

OR, if you are lazy:
    6 19-ounce cans low soduium beans.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat
    until crisp. Transfer to paper towels and drain. Transfer 2 1/2
    tablespoons bacon drippings from skillet to large bowl. Finely chop
    bacon; add to bowl. Add onion and next 7 ingredients to bowl and whisk
    to blend. Whisk in 4 to 6 teaspoons chipotle chilies, depending on
    spiciness desired. Stir in beans. Transfer bean mixture to a large oven safe pot.
    Bake uncovered until liquid bubbles and
    thickens slightly, about 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes.

OR

Smoke for a couple of hours.

6. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    Hank, those beans are very similar to what my mom used to make.
    Instead of barbecue sauce, it was just molasses, Brown sugar, and tomato paste. And no green pepper. Then bake them, covered in a crockery pot, for about 3-4 hours.

I grew up in Massachusetts so we had quite a bit of baked beans and steamed brown bread (steamed in coffee or other large cans) at dinners. Boy, the house would smell wonderful when those beans were cooking.

8. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    I love baked beans. We make them all the time. We make traditional once, more like your mom's, these, a kidn we only cook on the smoker, Mexican cowboy style and some that use rootbeer or Dr. Pepper.

As antiquated as it may seem in this day and age, I'm a huge fan of stand up comedy and still listen to tons of it. A great comedian has a bit that always makes me laugh about watching the food network late at night, and how he's seen shows about baking wedding cake at 3am: if you're leaning to bake a wedding cake at 3am marriage is likely not for you. His take on appropriate cooking shows in the middle of the night: "...ok everyone, today we're going to show you how to make cheese on a bun. And don't forget that later we're going to make ketchup soup, so go ahead and preheat your microwaves to lava outside and still cold inside...".

That anecdote is really all I have to offer, as I don't cook with recipes.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

11. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post

That anecdote is really all I have to offer, as I don't cook with recipes.
    I do both. That bean recipe is a recipe because I got too many requests for my recipe. I don't actually know if that really tastes like that particular version of my baked beans or only sort of like.

13. Likes CanadianStraps liked this post
    Peanut Butter Fudge

1. boil 1/2 cup milk and 2 cups of sugar for two minutes, stirring constantly
    2. stir in 7 oz marsh mellow fluff and 1 and 1/3 cup of peanut butter
    3. pour into a casserole dish and refrigerate until hard
    4. cut into squares and enjoy (unless you have a nut allergy)

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

15. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Peanut Butter Fudge

1. boil 1/2 cup milk and 2 cups of sugar for two minutes, stirring constantly
    2. stir in 7 oz marsh mellow fluff and 1 and 1/3 cup of peanut butter
    3. pour into a casserole dish and refrigerate until hard
    4. cut into squares and enjoy (unless you have a nut allergy)

-hayday
    nice but all that sugar be up for days with that much have given up sugar in my coffee so that would be one mad sugar rush I be chasing my own tail
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

17. Likes hayday liked this post
    banana cake
    Prep:10min › Cook:35min › Ready in:45min
    Serves: 10

Ingredients

125g butter
    150g caster sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 egg, beaten
    2 very ripe bananas, mashed
    190g self raising flour
    60ml milk

Method

Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.

Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.

Add the egg, mix well.

Stir in the flour and the milk.

Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if liked.

Bake at 170 C / Fan 150 C / Gas 3 for 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy!

sharky
    rest easy good buddy