Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iinsic has "returned" - and excited about IWL

iinsic has "returned" - and excited about IWL

Hi, all. After five years and more than 8,000 posts on Ernie's old forum, I am delighted to be taking up residence here on the International Watch League.

I had changed my username over there to "WatchWerx" to better match up with my blog, but everyone knows me better by "iinsic" (which also is my username on TRF) ... so that's my username here, too. And, for those who are not aware, "iinsic" is an acronym of Stuart Rankin's famous utterance, "If it's not Scottish, it's crap!" Alba gu bràth!

Rob
    Datejust 116233 • Datejust 16233 • TH Carrera WAR211B.B0782
    Air Zermatt H64554131 •
    Viewmatic H32455185 • KF chronograph H71466133

2. Likes Rob liked this post

4. Likes iinsic liked this post
    Welcome!!

6. Likes iinsic liked this post
    Welcome aboard laddie! Are you a Scott then? I'm half Scottish as it happens - the alcoholic, tight side. I kid - I'm not tight...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

8. Likes iinsic liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Welcome aboard laddie! Are you a Scott then? I'm half Scottish as it happens - the alcoholic, tight side. I kid - I'm not tight...
    We're Scottish "exiles," ever since my ancestor was captured in the Highlands by the Roundheads 360 years ago and sold into indentured servitude in the New World. The family has lived on the Inner Banks of NC since the late 1600s.

Interestingly, in the intervening generations any tolerance for haggis has been bred out of me. And I'd prefer Kentucky bourbon or Irish whiskey to Scotch (although my wife loves good single malt ... especially Laphroaig).
    Air Zermatt H64554131 •

Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post
    We're Scottish "exiles," ever since my ancestor was captured in the Highlands by the Roundheads 360 years ago and sold into indentured servitude in the New World. The family has lived on the Inner Banks of NC since the late 1600s.

Interestingly, in the intervening generations any tolerance for haggis has been bred out of me. And I'd prefer Kentucky bourbon or Irish whiskey to Scotch (although my wife loves good single malt ... especially Laphroaig).
    Well there we go! I know nothing of my ancestry; my father was adopted and only discovered his biological patents late in life, so my Scottish heritage is a recently discovered knowledge. I would like a kilt though, and I ficking love scotch.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

11. Likes iinsic liked this post
    Welcome to the forum Rob!

13. Likes iinsic liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post

Send her over. I have a lightly bruised bottle I'm struggling with (see the Whiskey thread in the Lounge).

Anyway, it sounds like the Roundheads did subsequent generations of your family a favour. This time of the year, you'd have to give Florida the nod over Glasgow.

15. Likes iinsic liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    Anyway, it sounds like the Roundheads did subsequent generations of your family a favour. This time of the year, you'd have to give Florida the nod over Glasgow.
    Aye. Craig Ferguson was never a boon to Scottish tourism — "cold and damp" — and it's about 80ºF and dry here right now.
    Air Zermatt H64554131 •

Blog Entries

This is what Glasgow looked like when we were there in May 2013. You mean it isn't like this year round?

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

18. Likes iinsic liked this post