Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRUW April 2017 starts here:

WRUW April 2017 starts here:

welcome my vintage friends. think for the starter of this month, well this month it's something old .. something new no not getting married it's my watch choice something old being the 3602 Russian 1970's movement dial and hands the new is the case but in this instance not sure that's even new maybe newly modified but got a feeling old case on reflection .. have just recently pick up a new mod build that also uses a 3602 so that may be seen at some point in the future once a movement is sourced they are getting more pricey of late as the demand grows for the conversions..

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Dan R liked this post
    Blog Entries
    The more vintage Russian movements are not as appreciated as they should be.

Thanks!

Dan

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    indeed so the main ones especially take the 3602 based on the Cortebert used by rolex the Russian actually improved on the design and time keeping and is a work horse of a movement one of my favourites to work with.. love the 2209 for how thin it is in the de luxu range I suppose you would call them as they ran with poljot or sekonda on the dial and think there was one other brand they was crazy thin.. but the 2209 is in a lot of the movements ,
    but then you have a couple of the most famous the 3133 got two and the 3017 but the prices of the 3017 are through the roof at the minute
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

good read here and quite a selection of mollys

http://cgi.linuxfocus.org/~guido/molnija-pocket-watch/
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes Dan R liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    indeed so the main ones especially take the 3602 based on the Cortebert used by rolex the Russian actually improved on the design and time keeping and is a work horse of a movement one of my favourites to work with.. love the 2209 for how thin it is in the de luxu range I suppose you would call them as they ran with poljot or sekonda on the dial and think there was one other brand they was crazy thin.. but the 2209 is in a lot of the movements ,
    but then you have a couple of the most famous the 3133 got two and the 3017 but the prices of the 3017 are through the roof at the minute
    I love my 3133!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    I love my 3133!

Dan
    yeah they are in loads of brands not just the Russians you got the junkers for start can think of about five makes off the top of my head that are none Russian that use it .. I got two myself a Russian/Italian mid 90's one and a mid 70's one too the mid 70's is my daily wear the other is in my collection
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes Dan R, Smeagal liked this post
    Love my two Poljot Sturmanskies with the 3133 movement

But actually going French today with my Sorna Octagon. French brand, but manufactured in Switzerland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Likes Dan R, Smeagal liked this post
    Name:  IMG_20170402_135217.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  60.7 KBName:  IMG_20170402_135305.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  60.9 KBName:  IMG_20170402_135658.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  47.9 KBName:  IMG_20170402_135735.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  48.4 KBVery underrated great little watch
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

14. Likes is that my watch, Dan R liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagal View Post
    Name:  IMG_20170402_135217.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  60.7 KBName:  IMG_20170402_135305.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  60.9 KBName:  IMG_20170402_135658.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  47.9 KBName:  IMG_20170402_135735.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  48.4 KBVery underrated great little watch
    got a case / dial/ hands for one of those just ant been able to source a movement yet
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

well this for today
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

17. Likes Dan R liked this post