Quote Originally Posted by saskwatch View Post
    Xihu

That case back, amazing. Must be a story there

2. Likes Martin, saskwatch liked this post
    The m177s today

4. Likes saskwatch, DJW GB, Strela167 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    That case back, amazing. Must be a story there
    The caseback depicts 'Autumn moon over the calm lake', a famous location at Xihu (West Lake) in Hangzhou. From a Hangzhou tourist information website:

Situated at the west end of the Bai Causeway, Autumn Moon Over the Calm Lake is an attractive lakeside scenic spot with delicate pavilions, zigzag little bridges, odd-shaped rockeries, water-hemmed terraces, and trees and flowers of many colorful varieties.

The location, which offers a broad view of West Lake, can be traced back to the Tang Dynasty (618-907). Built here was Lakeview Pavilion, a favorite spot for poet-governor Bai Juyi, who gave a vivid description of the pavilion in his poem, entitled A Late Return From the Lakeview Pavilion.

To experience the charm of Autumn Moon Over the Calm Lake, visit the place during a full moon, and especially during The Middle-Autumn Festival (an important traditional Chinese festival occurring in each 15th day of the eighth lunar month). It is a highlight in the calendar of the Hangzhounese to soak up the view of dreamy waters shimmering in the moonlight, to chat with family members or friends and to enjoy moon cakes, filling and delicious dishes and assorted fruits. Visit Autumn Moon over the Calm Lake for a truly romantic and memorable experience!
    There's also a famous song written in the 1930s by Lü Wencheng titled 'Autumn moon over the calm lake'. It's probably best known now as a piano piece.
    Last edited by saskwatch; Apr 7, 2017 at 09:06 PM.
    My collection of Vintage Chinese Mechanicals can be seen at myvcms.com

6. Likes meijlinder, Strela167 liked this post
    Relay

8. Likes DJW GB, Strela167, Martin liked this post

10. Likes Strela167, saskwatch, DJW GB, Martin liked this post
    August 1982 Shanghai 7221

12. Likes DJW GB, Strela167, Martin liked this post
    Sea Gull

14. Likes meijlinder, DJW GB, Strela167, Martin liked this post