Likes Likes:  413
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Monday - 3 April 2017 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I had a Swiss Army knife like that - until I forgot it was on my key-ring attending court.
    i wonder if that situation happen, could you just said give me a moment to put the knife back in my car and will be back rather than they confiscated it?
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

[QUOTE=Henry Krinkle;331596]It is a screen printing business. Not the T-shirt kind. Ourbiggest sector is the electronics industry. We do overlays, panel fronts and electronics enclosures for telecom manufacturers, for science and research, agriculture and mining electronics and even the military. Every combat vessel in the Canadian Navy has control panels that I printed. I have even printed things that went up in one of the early space shuttle flights and

once did something for a Mars probe.

While I find this whole business very interesting, I'm really intrigued by that last little bit.

Why? Just in case someone was there to read it?

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    i wonder if that situation happen, could you just said give me a moment to put the knife back in my car and will be back rather than they confiscated it?

I could have done but my car was parked some distance away. I filled out a form that was meant to result in it being returned at the end of my jury service but never saw it again.

4. Likes iyonk liked this post
    [QUOTE=boatme99;331697]
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    It is a screen printing business. Not the T-shirt kind. Ourbiggest sector is the electronics industry. We do overlays, panel fronts and electronics enclosures for telecom manufacturers, for science and research, agriculture and mining electronics and even the military. Every combat vessel in the Canadian Navy has control panels that I printed. I have even printed things that went up in one of the early space shuttle flights and

once did something for a Mars probe.

While I find this whole business very interesting, I'm really intrigued by that last little bit.

Why? Just in case someone was there to read it?
    A local firm built a camera that photographed the Martian atmosphere. During the flight through space the camera was tucked away on a spring loaded arm held in place by a hardened copper spring that was unwound. When the satellite reached the Martian atmosphere the explosive bolts that held the copper unwound were remotely detonated. The copper wound up, the arm deployed and locked into place. The camera was then ready to use.

The copper spring needed the Canadian Space Agency's logo printed on it. We did that. The specifications for space travel are far more stringent the mil spec, which we regularly use. The ink was $1600 US way back then. That is not nearly the most expensive ink I have ever used though. Conductive nickel ink has 19lbs of nickel per gallon of ink. It was in the neighbourhood of $4000 US per gallon back when I used to use it. Silver conductive ink was around $25,000 US but I could buy that by the gram.

6. Likes iyonk, mlcor liked this post