Likes Likes:  371
Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: **** More for a score - In it to win it ****

Crownpuller : timex ssq
    Purchased for the princely sum of £3.60 + £2.90 postage + £3.22 (inc. postage) for a couple of batteries - All in for less than a 'tenner'
    The elbow grease & fettling were 'gratis'

Fuzzy B : Juvenia

Someday I will try to clean up the dial and movement a bit, but for now the original character will remain. What drew me to this one was the movement. It is a tidy little thing and the gold chatons and snail finishing in the winding mechanism hints at a decent movement. The delightfully quirky bezel also adds a bit of character to a relatively simple dial.

The only models similar to this I have found is a solid gold ladies' version and a black dialed variation, which sold for 5 times more than mine.

DJW : LUCH 2209
    Gains 1min 20secs in 24hrs
    Matched with a white nato strap
    cost £7.90 all in, needed new click spring (kindly donated by your friend and mine ISMY)

Litlmn : Here is my official entry, I shall call it champagne dream.
    Vintage 19Something Casio 358 AMW.
    Everything works as it should, just needed a new battery and some slight adjustment of the pusher contacts.
    All for the low low price of $16.01 ($25 with shipping).

Matt : certina
    The beating heart of this hand finished confection is a superlative Cal.25.651 high beat automatic, lovingly enrobed in a thick layer of creamy Swiss brass, topped with pure sapphire crystal, and lightly strapped in IWL colours

Meijlinder : tianjin Dong Feng

The early st5's were 18000bph. Those movements are marked with the Chinese signs for dongfeng.
    Then when the 21600 bph version was developed they were marked just 19 zuan (jewel) and ST5

It wasn't until the branding was changed from Dongfeng (East wind) to Seagull that the now famous Seagull stripes were added to the movements.

Ismy : Casio MTD-1067D-1AVEF chronograph.

fully working 2000 - 2010 ish model in very fair con after a bit of elbow grease and cleaning up all in for £12.90 does come on a casio branded bracelet but for comp come's on a big chunky leather nato I had knocking around

shout out if I got anything wrong with it oh and when you have done a comp pics / info are done I will add them to it

edit I will remove the entry's that did not make the next level so members have an easy way of seeing what is left
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

ok then here goes the bonus round

**** M.F.S.I.I.T.W.I -bonus Round ****

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

level one winners :

round 1) crownpuller : timex ssq
    round 2) DJW : Luch 2209
    round 3) Matt : Certina
    round 4) Litlmn : casio AMW
    round 5)
    Meijlinder : tianjin Dong Feng.
    round 6) Fuzzy B : Juvenia
    round 7)
    round 8) Ro63rto: Seiko 5
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Crownpuller : timex ssq
    Purchased for the princely sum of £3.60 + £2.90 postage + £3.22 (inc. postage) for a couple of batteries - All in for less than a 'tenner'
    The elbow grease & fettling were 'gratis'

Fuzzy B : Juvenia

Someday I will try to clean up the dial and movement a bit, but for now the original character will remain. What drew me to this one was the movement. It is a tidy little thing and the gold chatons and snail finishing in the winding mechanism hints at a decent movement. The delightfully quirky bezel also adds a bit of character to a relatively simple dial.

The only models similar to this I have found is a solid gold ladies' version and a black dialed variation, which sold for 5 times more than mine.

DJW : LUCH 2209
    Gains 1min 20secs in 24hrs
    Matched with a white nato strap
    cost £7.90 all in, needed new click spring (kindly donated by your friend and mine ISMY)

Litlmn : Here is my official entry, I shall call it champagne dream.
    Vintage 19Something Casio 358 AMW.
    Everything works as it should, just needed a new battery and some slight adjustment of the pusher contacts.
    All for the low low price of $16.01 ($25 with shipping).

Matt : certina
    The beating heart of this hand finished confection is a superlative Cal.25.651 high beat automatic, lovingly enrobed in a thick layer of creamy Swiss brass, topped with pure sapphire crystal, and lightly strapped in IWL colours

Meijlinder : tianjin Dong Feng

The early st5's were 18000bph. Those movements are marked with the Chinese signs for dongfeng.
    Then when the 21600 bph version was developed they were marked just 19 zuan (jewel) and ST5

It wasn't until the branding was changed from Dongfeng (East wind) to Seagull that the now famous Seagull stripes were added to the movements.

Ro63rto: Seiko 5
    Model SBW031
    7019-5000 aka "Monaco wannabe"
    Full length original bracelet
    Watch was probably used to dig for potatoes it was so dirty.
    http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showthread.php?t=19470

It runs, keeps time to within 1min/day BUT while removing movement from waterproof casing I must have dislodged some dirt and it stuck the stem release lever open???
    Stem won't lock in and I now can't set time or use quickset to set day. Definitely needs a service.

fully working 2000 - 2010 ish model in very fair con after a bit of elbow grease and cleaning up all in for £12.90 does come on a casio branded bracelet but for comp come's on a big chunky leather nato I had knocking around

shout out if I got anything wrong with it oh and when you have done a comp pics / info are done I will add them to it

edit I will remove the entry's that did not make the next level so members have an easy way of seeing what is left
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

next two up in order pulled :

vs

Litlmn : casio AMW

**** M.F.S.I.I.T.W.I - level 2 - round one ****

well robbie you did not get much of a breather before going again did ya the fates like to have their fun don't they
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    next two up in order pulled :

vs

Litlmn : casio AMW

**** M.F.S.I.I.T.W.I - level 2 - round one ****

well robbie you did not get much of a breather before going again did ya the fates like to have their fun don't they

True
    Just as well I managed to sort the stem problem out in the meantime then

Sent from my Honor 5c

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    True
    Just as well I managed to sort the stem problem out in the meantime then

Sent from my Honor 5c
    well got to go fix a pump in a pond so if you can give me a new write up I will blank out the description for now and modify it later for you with what you have written so partly modify post will do it completely later but should not interfere with voting as put fully working
    Last edited by is that my watch; Aug 13, 2017 at 11:19 AM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well got to go fix a pump in a pond so if you can give me a new write up I will blank out the description for now and modify it later for you with what you have written so partly modify post will do it completely later but should not interfere with voting as put fully working
    New pic to show off the sharp edges and polished sides

How about this essay
    Model SBW031

It runs, keeps time to within 1min/day.
    Originally had a problem with the stem not locking back in place but now, after removing the hands/dial etc and fiddling around (I am not yet proficient enough to be allowed to use official watchmakers terminology) the stem release works normally. Must have been dried oil/dirt that dislodged itself.

Sent from my Honor 5c
    Last edited by ro63rto; Aug 13, 2017 at 03:35 PM.

Litlmn if you want to change pic or info please do just put it here and will do an updated for you
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    New pic to show off the sharp edges and polished sides

How about this essay
    Model SBW031

It runs, keeps time to within 1min/day.
    Originally had a problem with the stem not locking back in place but now, after removing the hands/dial etc and fiddling around (I am not yet proficient enough to be allowed to use official watchmakers terminology) the stem release works normally. Must have been dried oil/dirt that dislodged itself.

Sent from my Honor 5c
    done
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

11. Likes ro63rto liked this post