Likes Likes:  63
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Introducing The Revolution "Diver"

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Am I the only one that didn't know what a minuteman was before I saw this ?........
    Probably not unless you've dug into the history of the American Revolution. Certainly not a term that is part of everyday American lexicon, but it fits with the Revolution brand & Boston location.

2. Likes Seriously, wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Probably not unless you've dug into the history of the American Revolution.
    Wait ! , the americans had a revolution !?

Thanks chaps.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

4. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    No, just a pesky rebellion by those uncouth, backwood colonials across the pond. King George cut them loose.

Thanks chaps.

6. Likes Seriously, wschofield3 liked this post
    Big Congrats, Walter! I've always wanted to make a watch one day (if ever) and I like the methods you are using. I'm usually very vocal about not liking a date at anywhere but 3 (or possibly 6, even better left out) but in this case, I think I could look past it on this very beautiful piece. Truly stunning looking piece. I wish you success with it.

8. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    I thought Minuteman was a bomb...

10. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Yes, the ICBM was well-known back in the cold war. Also rumored that some men have been derisively called a 'minuteman' by the ladies in their life, and wrongly believed it meant they were endowed like a nuclear missile.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicolabronse View Post
    I'm on it!!
    Sent by iPhone from a galaxy far far away!
    Thank you!

Am I the only one that didn't know what a minuteman was before I saw this ?........
    Nah, but it's big part of the history of Boston and the Revolutionary war.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDore View Post
    Since you are not a US Citizen, it makes sense that you would not be familiar with the term. For us, the Minuteman is a key part of our history.
    True!

Probably not unless you've dug into the history of the American Revolution. Certainly not a term that is part of everyday American lexicon, but it fits with the Revolution brand & Boston location.
    Yes sir, it does!

Thanks chaps.
    Yep but I think you knew that already!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDore View Post
    No, just a pesky rebellion by those uncouth, backwood colonials across the pond. King George cut them loose.
    Ha! Now who's the backwoods colonials?

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Big Congrats, Walter! I've always wanted to make a watch one day (if ever) and I like the methods you are using. I'm usually very vocal about not liking a date at anywhere but 3 (or possibly 6, even better left out) but in this case, I think I could look past it on this very beautiful piece. Truly stunning looking piece. I wish you success with it.
    Thank you for the kind words...much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    It's da' bomb.

Yes, the ICBM was well-known back in the cold war. Also rumored that some men have been derisively called a 'minuteman' by the ladies in their life, and wrongly believed it meant they were endowed like a nuclear missile.
    Thankfully, this watch will last more than a minute, but will be good to time whatever you like!

13. Likes Chicolabronse, iyonk liked this post