Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can Vostok 22xx and 24xx share parts?

Can Vostok 22xx and 24xx share parts?

Im just curious if both 2209 (14) and 2409(14) can share a few parts (i'm sure not all). Especially balance wheel (staff) and any other gears.

The reason I ask is...I have a couple 2414 movements that have a busted balance (hairspring) but spare mechanisms I have are 2209s

Posted this on the other forum .... but since I know a few folks on the Russian watches forum here ... I am posting it here as well.

Thanks!
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by kkindaface View Post
    Im just curious if both 2209 (14) and 2409(14) can share a few parts (i'm sure not all). Especially balance wheel (staff) and any other gears.

The reason I ask is...I have a couple 2414 movements that have a busted balance (hairspring) but spare mechanisms I have are 2209s

Posted this on the other forum .... but since I know a few folks on the Russian watches forum here ... I am posting it here as well.

Thanks!
    KK
    I don't think they can I was once swapping main springs and the replacement was too small I tried a movement swap too at one time old cases new movement that did not work either .. will check into see thou and shout back
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    I don't think they can I was once swapping main springs and the replacement was too small I tried a movement swap too at one time old cases new movement that did not work either .. will check into see thou and shout back
    Good to know. I want to know if the balances can be interchangeably used. Thanks!

well looking at an old thread in theory yes and no it is almost the same movement accept for date but they are different thickness and dimension but it depends as there was several different movement used depend movement you got 2209 / 2214 /

Caliber 2209 & 2209A> Dm=22mm & height=3.3mm
    Caliber 2414A> Dm=22.95/25.7mm & height=4.14mm

then also there was several other movement used too
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

just thinking it gets a bit confusing with vostoks as they used a few different movements as I said depend if fibbie / vossie / and there's another can't think of so between them you have off the top my head .

2209a
    2409a
    2414a

then you got the auto movement .

2416b date
    did do a movement thread in here
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

sharky
    rest easy good buddy