Likes Likes:  229
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical Issues and Glitches - Report Here

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop of a Hat View Post
    Attempting to see the rules gives me an error message.

"He's just a witness"
    What is the error message?

I see likes are back (they were missing earlier on my laptop running Firefox). I wonder if they could be streamlined a bit, something like on the Colt Forums (won't post a link, as it's a gun forum, but have a look http://www.coltforum.com/forums/forum.php at the board. (Well, it came out as a link anyway- oops!)

Likes appear inside the post, bottom right. A bit cleaner look than placing them outside the post with borders. Pretty sure that is also a VBulletin based forum.

On the subject of the weapons pic ban (I know this was a hot button issue at WUS), I still don't see the need or use. Not like every other pic will contain a gun, knife (or letter opener!), but many of us collect all of these and many other things. They make useful props and can be an element of good and interesting photos. Just as a pen, a cigar or an animal can. 2¢ worth and done, but I'm just sayin...

ETA: Other things I collect that might make interesting props... Safety razors- these are Gillette Double Rings and Single Rings, most over 100 years old.

Hats: I collect these too, I have dozens. Two late vintage Stetsons and a new Akubra in this shot. I have hats dating back to the 1930s, the majority of the vintages are Stetson.

Last edited by T Bone; Nov 16, 2014 at 07:44 PM.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Blog Entries
    I can't see the likes at the colt forum (must need to be a member), but they may be the same as the ones at WUS. Likes are a vBulletin plug in and the company that did the other "likes" button has gone out of business and is no longer available.

Jeannie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop of a Hat View Post
    Attempting to see the rules gives me an error message.

"He's just a witness"
    Ethan, do you get the error message if you click the link at the top of the Lobby forum? I just did that and it worked OK. I'm using a Chrome browser.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I can't see the likes at the colt forum (must need to be a member), but they may be the same as the ones at WUS. Likes are a vBulletin plug in and the company that did the other "likes" button has gone out of business and is no longer available.

Jeannie
    Thanks Jeannie, I should have realized a login would be required. Didn't know how much layout flexibility was just built in to VBulletin, thought it might just be a settings issue.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Tapatalk 'Likes' are now working. Please test it out and confirm that you have no issues. Thanks for your patience!

7. Likes Jeannie, Drop of a Hat, RayMac, Rdenney, josh liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Tapatalk 'Likes' are now working. Please test it out and confirm that you have no issues. Thanks for your patience!

Jeannie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Something about the header already being submitted.

"He's just a witness"

Blog Entries
    I have tried it on my Nexus 7 and it works great. You have to select a post and hit the button at the top.