Likes Likes:  229
Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical Issues and Glitches - Report Here

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    I tried to join with a Yahoo email account initially and then tried to login with Tapatalk and it instantly banned me saying "spam domain". Bug in the software? Or are yahoo email accounts banned?

I promise I am not a spammer. I have a lot of post on WUS (under 93EXCivic).

So I registered via tapatalk and now I can't log in my profile on a PC.

I get I've entered an invalid username or password. When I try to register on the forum via PC it says the username is taken.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_T View Post
    So I registered via tapatalk and now I can't log in my profile on a PC.

I get I've entered an invalid username or password. When I try to register on the forum via PC it says the username is taken.

Am I doing something wrong ?
    I can only assume it's a password issue. I can reset it and send you a new one if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    I can only assume it's a password issue. I can reset it and send you a new one if you like.
    Sure please do

Thx
    Danny

Capital letters perhaps ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    I tried to join with a Yahoo email account initially and then tried to login with Tapatalk and it instantly banned me saying "spam domain". Bug in the software? Or are yahoo email accounts banned?

I promise I am not a spammer. I have a lot of post on WUS (under 93EXCivic).
    We know you're not a spammer. Most of us recognize your username. You were in the middle of block of spammers which caused a temporary ban while we picked through the IP. The spammers are so bad, it's easier to ban the entire range and go back and reapprove the real members, than it is to ban only the spammers.

I am sorry it inconvenienced you. Spammers are an ongoing problem and we will constantly search for ways to improve our defenses against them, but manual bans really work better than any of the anti-spam software out there. We've learned this through trial and error.

Jeannie

What the ??????????????

Did you remove some spam from this thread (below) since its inception ?

Big hole in my collection that I don't know how to fill

Either a proper IWL member is pulling your chain or they added some spammy tags to it that obviously weren't removed when you zapped the post, I just happened by chance to hover over the tag symbol in the new posts list for this thread and thought "WTF" !!

Maybe something to watch out for with future arseholes (I mean spamsters)

This one has similar (but different) odd tags > When FedEx 2-day isn't
    Last edited by Seriously; Dec 4, 2014 at 08:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    What the ??????????????

Did you remove some spam from this thread (below) since its inception ?

Big hole in my collection that I don't know how to fill

Either a proper IWL member is pulling your chain or they added some spammy tags to it that obviously weren't removed when you zapped the post, I just happened by chance to hover over the tag symbol in the new posts list for this thread and thought "WTF" !!

Maybe something to watch out for with future arseholes (I mean spamsters)

This one has similar (but different) odd tags > When FedEx 2-day isn't
    I got em. Thanks. Firing squad isn't even adequate for spammers in my opinion. I mean who the hell has ever been reading a watch forum and thought? OH, an ad for kitchen knives, let me go buy some right this second. On this spammy website.

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    I got em. Thanks. Firing squad isn't even adequate for spammers in my opinion.
    Their IP should cut them off and the equipment should be smashed up in front of them... Then we'd go at them with aforementioned kitchen utensils

They really are the scum of planet earth.

A couple of questions, which I don't think have been brought up...

1) Can I stop getting notified when I "like" something?
    2) How do I "unlike" something I "liked" in error?
    3) I got a nice notification, something along he lines of a recommendation giving me a score of 11, but then it went. What was that, and where's it gone?

Thanks.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

11. Likes OTGabe liked this post