Likes Likes:  907
Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Lange vs. Patek vs. VC

Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    Money aside, I love the Saxonia. I mean I look at it and can't think of anyway it can be improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In that case, get the Up Down. If you felt the need, you could always get the VC later. And who knows, maybe your tastes will change over time and you'll want something else entirely different.

My tastes change; nah

On first impressions I prefer the Traditionnelle over the Up/Down. However I will go to the Lange boutique soon and view the Up/Down once again.

I like the 1815 U/D cause it's dressy but not too dressy like the other two you're listing, can't go wrong no matter though, you have enough time, get 'em all . . .

4. Likes TJMike5150 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    This is the Calatrava, right?

Gun to my head--and there would pretty much have to be--I'd take the Vacheron. Unlike the ALS, it doesn't come with an offensively unbalanced dial and numeral font that I really don't like for some reason. As for the Calatrava, well, Ambien is cheaper and more effective, but if you want a gold sleeping pill, that's probably the closest thing you can buy to one. The Vacheron is a sub seconds, which I tend to like in dressier pieces because it fills the vast emptiness of a dressy dial a little, the hands have a nice, slightly aggressive shape (I won't mention that there's no lume, so this is completely useless once it starts to get dark), and I was always good at math when I was younger, so I appreciate that Vacheron's logo is a plus sign.

Now, if you were talking about a blue dial Patek Gondolo, now that would be a different story. Those things are seriously beautiful. Someone here has one, and I'm totally not trying to figure out how to steal it, promise.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

6. Likes TJMike5150, mlcor, geoffbot liked this post
    That is the Calatrava and after your Ambien comment I will be buying it.

Actually in your otherwise useless post, you made me remember the blue Gondolo that mclor owns. Square watches and me have never been friends (apart from the Seiko Tank homage), but I need to try one on because it is indeed a seriously beautiful watch.

BTW, seriously thanks for your post. It made me literally laugh out loud.

8. Likes Raza, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uchinanchu View Post
    I like the 1815 U/D cause it's dressy but not too dressy like the other two you're listing, can't go wrong no matter though, you have enough time, get 'em all . . .
    This

10. Likes uchinanchu liked this post
    I have a better idea. Get one of these

Name:  s5gxux.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  54.3 KB

And one of these

Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

12. Likes Raza liked this post
    Unfortunately as much as I like the MUT Moon in photos, on my wrist all I feel is blah. Same with Reversos.

I was only kidding dude.

I think you probably don't want 2 watches from the same brand. Go try on the calatrava, then buy the VC.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

15. Likes TJMike5150, I-B liked this post
    No worries. The MUT Moon in SS or a precious metal would be a great watch for many people.