Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SOTCC - State of the Chinese Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post

the hollowed markers look a little odd, seen on sites before and thought iffy, guess legit
    I've seen them around, one of my favs

As someone who knows nothing about Chinese watches (the only ones I own are the WUS tourbillon and the IWL), this was a really interesting read. I kind of like the white dialed version of your elusive unicorn, it makes the date blend in better. The black one would be a stunner without the date. Thanks for taking the time to post this, Magnus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes iyonk liked this post
    nice had a few at one point sold most of them got a holo Guanyin left and a couple of seagul's oh and the IWL left but they are great little watches ant they
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    As someone who knows nothing about Chinese watches (the only ones I own are the WUS tourbillon and the IWL), this was a really interesting read. I kind of like the white dialed version of your elusive unicorn, it makes the date blend in better. The black one would be a stunner without the date. Thanks for taking the time to post this, Magnus!

Thanks! I do agree about the date window in regards to white vs. black dial. But you know how it is. Once the thought has entered the mind it's hard to shake. I might still find a black one day

A Beijing tourbillion would be a nice addition to this (I missed out on the WUS), but they are expensive and I would worry too much about potential service costs.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    nice had a few at one point sold most of them got a holo Guanyin left and a couple of seagul's oh and the IWL left but they are great little watches ant they
    Cheers ismy!

the holo watches are almost impossible to find these days so keep hold of the one you got

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Excellent collection of Chinese watches, Magnus! I love the Beijings with their simple dials that still manage to have a lot of character.

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Cheers ismy!

the holo watches are almost impossible to find these days so keep hold of the one you got
    thought about selling it a couple of times but not done so yet, but not sure if it fits into what my end collection will be suppose if it was a 3017 then I could see where you are coming from .. I like Chinese but ant got any grail so if it could get me a Russian I might. as it sits in a box in a draw for the most part
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

10. Likes meijlinder, OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Excellent collection of Chinese watches, Magnus! I love the Beijings with their simple dials that still manage to have a lot of character.
    Thanks Brian. Dials they do exceptionally well. A bit of a shame that they use the Beihai case a bit much these days. Many models have come out using that. It seems most effort is going into the high-end models today. Guess that's where they see their niche going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Thanks! I do agree about the date window in regards to white vs. black dial. But you know how it is. Once the thought has entered the mind it's hard to shake. I might still find a black one day

A Beijing tourbillion would be a nice addition to this (I missed out on the WUS), but they are expensive and I would worry too much about potential service costs.
    I seem to remember HKEd saying the Tourby could be sent back if it needed repair/service without a huge bill. I don't wear it regularly, so my guess is it may not even require service in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I seem to remember HKEd saying the Tourby could be sent back if it needed repair/service without a huge bill. I don't wear it regularly, so my guess is it may not even require service in my lifetime.

Some good points. Especially about the wear. Something like that would go into a rotation and def not get very much wear.

Well, first it's time to focus on the non-chinese part of the wishlist...