Likes Likes:  26
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SOTCC - State of the Chinese Collection

Awesome post Mag!

i currently only have 2 chinese Watches... the Lovely Beijing That Olly once owned but purchased by a mysterious IWL friend and sent to me (i luv this watch very much), and the IWL watch that Ed himself has taken the extra miles tp make sure i received mine... (thank you so much Ed my friend.. )

someday i really need to get the 1963 with cream dial and blues hands (or panda dial) since i like the watch very much, and also another simple 3 hands Beijing like Dave has (forgot the model number)

reposts of mine to give the thread more pictures..
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

2. Likes saskwatch, OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Awesome post Mag!

i currently only have 2 chinese Watches... the Lovely Beijing That Olly once owned but purchased by a mysterious IWL friend and sent to me (i luv this watch very much), and the IWL watch that Ed himself has taken the extra miles tp make sure i received mine... (thank you so much Ed my friend.. )

someday i really need to get the 1963 with cream dial and blues hands (or panda dial) since i like the watch very much, and also another simple 3 hands Beijing like Dave has (forgot the model number)

reposts of mine to give the thread more pictures..
    Thanks iyonk. You got to start somewhere and your two watch chinese collection is as good as any. A Seagull and a Beijing. Add a Shanghai and you have the big 3

4. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Thanks iyonk. You got to start somewhere and your two watch chinese collection is as good as any. A Seagull and a Beijing. Add a Shanghai and you have the big 3

i'll keep my eyes open for a Shanghai then...

6. Likes Strela167 liked this post
    i'll keep my eyes open for a Shanghai then...
    http://watchguy.co.uk/service-shanghai-24-jewels/

8. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    yeah Dave... you're king of the enabler hehehehe...

i've been eyeing this model for a Shanghai since i like the vintage diver look.. but i know it is rather pricey..

yeah Dave... you're king of the enabler hehehehe...

i've been eyeing this model for a Shanghai since i like the vintage diver look.. but i know it is rather pricey..
    Yes, stunning.
    Sharp intake of breath needed on the clicking for mine

Name:  BILD2470.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  59.3 KB

There's also the 581 and 611 reissues. They are very affordable

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    There's also the 581 and 611 reissues. They are very affordable
    Not sure how the long lugs would wear, although the ST19 seems to be fine. Some of the other Shanghai are shorter, wonder why most are so long, wrist presence perhaps.

A few days ago this was posted elsewhere, very nice

Name:  d0feb579d0c07f912842c86c7defe7d4.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  72.3 KB
    Last edited by Strela167; Jul 2, 2017 at 06:12 PM.

13. Likes iyonk liked this post
    This has made me realise I currently only have one Chinese watch (Seagull 1963), which is clearly the wrong answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    This has made me realise I currently only have one Chinese watch (Seagull 1963), which is clearly the wrong answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Clearly a mistake 😆