Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt : certina

9 56.25%
  • iyonk's : seiko

7 43.75%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **** M.F.S.I.I.T.W.I - Round Three ****

Given how brilliant your straps are, that's a hell of an offer. Thanks very much! However, there's a long way to go yet and some very very fine watches in the competition. Not least yours!

Name:  IMG_1945.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  57.2 KB

I found the movement shot and it really demonstrates that all it was was a lot of filing, sanding and polishing. Nothing clever. I stripped off all the gold to leave brass and then kept going until it stopped looking like a dodgy Indian refurb and more like a brassy pebble.

Name:  certina start.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  37.5 KB

Mind you, as I started with this and ended with this

Name:  IMG_2026.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  35.8 KB

I'm pretty chuffed whatever happens.
    Last edited by Matt; Jul 2, 2017 at 04:20 PM.

the restoration really made me smile Matt, i know it take many many hours, but i'm sure that the end result give you high level of satisfaction! and you did come killer curve there!
    i know the competition is still long way to go, but i bet on your Certina... when you win, i'll PM you for your custom straps details info... goodluck mate..

i was enter just for fun and not for badges of honor... its Alan's prize that motivate me to enter though.. LOL! i'm sure it will go to a deserving winner..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Could always give the win to the cheapest in case of a tie. Since the whole contest is hinged on price as it is.

Perfect.

As I missed the first round with some issues at home and the second round had not seen the watch since i bought it and had no time to do any work on on the Rotary Luch won well, enough about me Matts watch for me as it looks like new and Certina autos go forever
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

I'm with the price being the decider. Perhaps if the two have the same votes and are the same price, then postage. Not that this helps me this time, but I love the way this competition is gently maturing.

6. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagal View Post
    As I missed the first round with some issues at home and the second round had not seen the watch since i bought it and had no time to do any work on on the Rotary Luch won well, enough about me Matts watch for me as it looks like new and Certina autos go forever
    are you on tapacrap ? or are you going to vote using the poll ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    are you on tapacrap ? or are you going to vote using the poll ?
    No just on computer poll
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

9. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    then you should be able to click on the circle next to matts name and then vote button
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I like the Certina, but I'm such a sucker for a Seiko that as it was a close call I was won over

12. Likes iyonk liked this post
    this is going to be good
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy