Likes Likes:  209
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a G-Shock

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well I found the old strap as I said and order one of those £20 bezels so worth a shot , as if it looks like the older version it will be great if not I have wasted £20 unless it helps it sell it... but it had some cost to it as it is the second bezel bought for it .. but if I can flog the other will help some what mean at the minute have put on the old strap and the black and yellow kinda works for now till it comes

it seems crazy some times that parts cost more then the whole watch some times looking at replacement parts ... remember bought a solar charge battery for a g shock cost be like £15 and when I sold the watch I don't think i got much more for the watch

but I do enjoy repairing and saving them
    perhaps in the near future we can make an arrangement where you source me a module and build me one, i won't lowball you

yeah maybe as I have done a few repair's and a few mods I got a 9052 I think which I have fixed just not got round to sourcing a bezel / strap for it ..but have sold most my g's now just got the dw-003 and the fox fire left for selling at the minute ( might be a few more later ) (got parts every where ) ..well am waiting on some battery' s as I do have an all original dw-640 I just finished ..well when the battery arrives that is
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes I-B liked this post
    well just thinking would we buy a g shock if we know it is a bugger to source a bezel/strap ... ? ...

mean I have two 9052/53 that are waiting to get sorted the bezels are not that much of an issue but annoys me that the studs are sold separate and cost more then the bezels too ..it's cheaper to bin them and buy a new one seen some new one at like £40, where the studs are £22 plus post and when you add in bezels it's like £50 ish plus post

saw and nice vintage dw 5300 but getting a bezel could be trick ..so it would be a buy now and then wait till one appears at some point on the bay .. mean could be an option as a fully complete one as a buy now it's like a couple of hundred so guess it worth buying the parts as they appear maybe ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I probably wouldnt buy if the strap/bezel were too hard to get.

yeah but from what I an see with the 53 seem good con could be a couple of hundred where parts would be say £50 ish maybe ,,but forgot about it so i'm guessing the listing ended
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

is this real ?

Last edited by is that my watch; Dec 7, 2018 at 04:12 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

is this real ?

never seen it before, some unlike casio things pop my eye, the s from start looks like a b, the printing is flawles on even a 10$ casio and the digits look like nothing i have seen on a casio. You know the drill :backplate pic for ref numbers now

yeah they did not have one and the tin looked strange wonder if a nos one that had not saw just trying to find the link thought I had booked marked it but guess not .. it's cheap enough £27 I think they wanted for it
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

found it

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

yeah they did not have one and the tin looked strange wonder if a nos one that had not saw just trying to find the link thought I had booked marked it but guess not .. it's cheap enough £27 I think they wanted for it
    it's by no means expensive, but dont the non g's always come in these blue small cardboard boxes? Would suck to buy a fake watch at any price. If it was an unkown brand 27£ would still be cheap. Not a sign of a model ref nr anywhere ?