Likes Likes:  209
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a G-Shock

a vintage naked frogman !!!stripped of all its plastic furniture -perhaps a fake that someone has had some fun with- cool

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Looks like it could be a dw8200 frogman airdiver.

Highly unlikely you could find resin for it.

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

cool was more curious then anything think like they wanted £20 for it but the post was like £45 so was not going to be happening but still could not place it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

why bother its cooler without its resin

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    why bother its cooler without its resin
    True. With a nice metal bracelet that has similar age patina.

so just don't get how this is suppose to be worth 2k am I missing something or are they having a laugh ?

For Sale

Extremely Rare and Limited
    100% Original

CASIO G-SHOCK DW-5600B-3V GREEN SPEED

1991 NOVEMBER

JAPAN A SERIAL NUMBER 863560 VINTAGE

My rarest vintage model in my collection. It's a DW-5600B-3V GREEN SPEED 1991 NOVEMBER, MODULE 901, made in Japan screw-back from 1991.
    If it wasn't enough this one is Japan A with serial number 863560 engraved.
    Unfortunately bezel has small crack which can be easily fixed, however I decided to keep it in original condition.

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

mean if the serial number was like 05600 could be cool and if the bezel is cracked then the case is shot and would have to have a modern one fitted so just can't see the worth in it ...

also does this seem right to you guys ? ?

As for factory locations, it appears that Japan A produced better quality. Regardless of module 691 or module 901, the DW5600 from Japan A always has a serial number on the caseback, whereas for Japan H, there are no serial numbers on the casebacks.The lugs of the watch cases are different; Japan A is more refined with the sharp edges flattened and polished, but Japan H lugs remains sharp and unrefined.And the case shape is different too; look at the sloops from the case down to the lugs, Japan A (left) has gentle and slopped steps, while Japan H (right) has crude and steep steps.It would seems that Japan A pieces exist in lesser numbers and hence are more sought after by collectors. As for the modules; 901 were produced for only 4 years before Casio stopped making these watches

At the time of the DW-5600’s introduction in 1987, the G-Shock line was only four years old and had not yet become the home-run hit for Casio that it would later, in the early-mid 90’s. With the 5600, Casio used the same formula they had with other models: same steel case, same resin bezel and band, different dial. The DW-5600 saw a new module (the 691, later – in 1990 – the 901), was the first G-Shock to use Philips head screws in the bezel and was the first G-Shock model to be made in colors other than standard black. Since then the basic 5600 has undergone some changes and been issued in an abundance of colors, styles, collaborations and special editions but here, in chronological order, are the first nine screwback DW-5600’she w
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    so just don't get how this is suppose to be worth 2k am I missing something or are they having a laugh ?
    It's only worth that much IF someone pays that much. They're probably just trying their luck.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

That's a very rare model, but not worth that much.

Maybe to some collector that wants it bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    It's only worth that much IF someone pays that much. They're probably just trying their luck.
    That's a very rare model, but not worth that much.

Maybe to some collector that wants it bad enough.
    looking at his other listing they all seem way way over priced
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy