Likes Likes:  209
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a G-Shock

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    My wrists are more flat than round. Alot of watches(different makes and models) rub and irritate the ulna bone protrusion commonly seen on flat wrists.

I have so many watches to choose from I guess I'm a little OCD about that.
    Hmm, mine are also pretty flat, but I wear my watches to the right of that bone, and on my right wrist. Doesn't sound like that would be a problem for me. Are the subdials as impossible to read as some of the reviews say? I don't care about seeing them at night.

The small negative displays are hard to read.
    You can read them in bright light and right viewing angle.
    If light or angle is not perfect you dont see much in them....

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Hmm, mine are also pretty flat, but I wear my watches to the right of that bone, and on my right wrist. Doesn't sound like that would be a problem for me. Are the subdials as impossible to read as some of the reviews say? I don't care about seeing them at night.

3. Likes mlcor, Greg, iyonk liked this post
    The windows are small. That's the only problem. So if you can see small print fine it shouldnt be a problem.

The negative displays are no more troublesome than most other negatives. It's all about the angle the available light is hitting the display that makes it easily legible or not. Angle your wrist the right way and they arent hard to read. Of course you probably wont need to do that very often with this model since checking the time only requires a quick glance at the hands.

5. Likes mlcor, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The windows are small. That's the only problem. So if you can see small print fine it shouldnt be a problem.

The negative displays are no more troublesome than most other negatives. It's all about the angle the available light is hitting the display that makes it easily legible or not. Angle your wrist the right way and they arent hard to read. Of course you probably wont need to do that very often with this model since checking the time only requires a quick glance at the hands.
    Right--thanks. And thanks, d2mac, for your response as well. I'm not terribly concerned about the subdials--if I need to know the day, that's hardly an instantaneous need. I could see using the countdown timer, but again, setting it shouldn't be an issue and it would be the audible alarm I'd be waiting for rather than to watch the subdial hit 0:00.

7. Likes Greg, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Mainly because it would be nice to be able to wear something for golf,
    Woah there! I'm sure you know perfectly well that mechanical watches are fine for golf, shooting, jack hammer drills... In fact our forefathers basically invented wrist watches for the 1st world war.

However, you want to buy another watch so all good! I mean I'd get a victorinox inox, but if it had to be a g this would be me - the 5600

Any help? Probably not!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

9. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Woah there! I'm sure you know perfectly well that mechanical watches are fine for golf, shooting, jack hammer drills... In fact our forefathers basically invented wrist watches for the 1st world war.

However, you want to buy another watch so all good! I mean I'd get a victorinox inox, but if it had to be a g this would be me - the 5600

Any help? Probably not!
    Ah, geez, does no one read the original post, where I said "I want an analog/digital that has hands"?

I know a mechanical watch should be OK, but I also know subconsciously I'd worry about it and that would affect my swing. And my swing has enough trouble as it is.

I just told you what I'd get - nothing more!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

12. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I just told you what I'd get - nothing more!
    Well, I'll definitely follow your recommendation...if I ever get a jackhammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Greg, iyonk liked this post
    I have also been thinking about buying a G-Shock just to wear around the house. This thread has given me a few watches to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do it Micor -they are great fun -robust and accurate -would be incredibly useful as a standin stuntman for your wonderful wardrobe of watches - be careful though because they breed like rabbits in your drawer
    -

17. Likes Greg, mlcor, iyonk liked this post