15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Litlmn : Casio 358 AMW

9 60.00%
  • Ro63rto: Seiko 5

6 40.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **** M.F.S.I.I.T.W.I - Round four ****

**** M.F.S.I.I.T.W.I - Round four ****

Well we have been doing a more for a score - In It To Win It thread for the last couple of months so now all of the watches are in. We get to the fun bit of looking at them and voting ..

All comments are welcome voting is open to all for those who use tapacrap just say so in your post and who you want if you want to join in ... All are welcome as I say ..

There is going to be a mystery prize thanks to the kindly donation by Alan and of course the badge but think we mainly did it as a bit of fun and frolics ..

Round winners level 1 :

Round one winner: Crownpuller: Times ssq..
    round two winner: DJW : Luch 2209..
    round three winner: matt Certina ...

The rules well everything has to have rules

1 ) can only vote once whether by vote or post....

2) think we don't need any more do we

These threads will run for six days for voting Sunday - Saturday.. every Saturday the winner will be put forward and the not so lucky watch will be out...

And then on the Sunday a draw will be done for the next round and so on till all the first rounds are drawn then the winners will go head to head in random draws till there is only one .....

Then they get bragging rights, gifts and badges galore .....

The two to be pulled randomly out the hat are in order of them being pulled is :

Litlmn : Here is my official entry, I shall call it champagne dream.
    Vintage 19Something Casio 358 AMW.
    Everything works as it should, just needed a new battery and some slight adjustment of the pusher contacts.
    All for the low low price of $16.01 ($25 with shipping).

Ro63rto: Seiko 5
    Model SBW031
    7019-5000 aka "Monaco wannabe"
    Full length original bracelet
    Watch was probably used to dig for potatoes it was so dirty.

It runs, keeps time to within 1min/day BUT while removing movement from waterproof casing I must have dislodged some dirt and it stuck the stem release lever open???
    Stem won't lock in and I now can't set time or use quickset to set day. Definitely needs a service.

As always Ismy
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jul 9, 2017 at 06:10 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Casio for me. Normally not one for divers, but this had a nice funky vibe to it.

Another chalk and cheese choice...

I can see the appeal of the Casio, but the Seiko is a perfect example of what Seiko do so well: clean classic lines and the sort of neatness of finish that you usually associate with far more expensive watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Another chalk and cheese choice...
    I had to google this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I can see the appeal of the Casio, but the Seiko is a perfect example of what Seiko do so well: clean classic lines and the sort of neatness of finish that you usually associate with far more expensive watches.
    Agree with this.

Good luck Ro63rto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Likes ro63rto liked this post
    well not a hard guess for me like seikos but I'm a casio kid at heart so yeah like that look mine has that same chunky tough but curvy look too so wins my vote every time maybe
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    I had to google this.

Agree with this.
    yeah means in appearance very similar but at the same time completely different good ol english saying when I heard you did not know what it meant I was like go to the foot of the stairs
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Not fair
    I really like that Casio
    If it was a Seiko it'd be perfect

One vote for the Casio please.
    Shame about the Prosecco that seems to be the drink du jour (took over from Pinot Grigio) even though I was drinking it 30ish years ago

Sent from my Honor 5c

Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    Good luck Ro63rto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks, you too

Sent from my Honor 5c

Oh dear, I need to go and make a fake account so I can vote for both! Love that Seiko, can't believe you found that so cheaply, it's an awesome Monaco wannabe... I will set up a saved search for one like it I think. But that Casio! Didn't know they made one like this, it's a classic , little bit "Arnie-ish' with good colours. Gah, which one to vote for, there's really nothing in it for me. Still, I'll have to decide.

*Edit - I canvassed my 6yo son for his opinion as I couldn't decide. So our family vote is going to.... the Casio!