Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hodinkee - Man Cheats On Wife, Wife Finds Out, Man's Vintage Heuer Now On Ebay Whethe

Hodinkee - Man Cheats On Wife, Wife Finds Out, Man's Vintage Heuer Now On Ebay Whethe

Ah, the great tradition of revenge Ebay listings – there should practically be a dedicated filter for such a sale on the homepage. There isn't, but if there were, you can bet this one would be right at the top of the list. The listing is for a vintage Heuer Calculator Chronograph, the lovable and quirky 1970s watch you see below. But the listing is unusual, as is the headline. It reads "Vintage Heuer Calculator Chronograph Watch - Divorce my Slime Cheating Husband." Oh dear.
    This one is sure to go down as a classic vintage watch ebay listing.
    If you are to read a little further down, you get a little more of the story. Turns out the seller's husband was out actin' a fool with his wife's friend. And his wife found out while out to lunch with some friends. And as such, we now have what appears to be a lovely old Heuer for sale with the proceeds going to pay for the divorce!
    The Calculator currently sits at $2,000 and has garnered some support (17 bids already!) from the Heuer community both because the watch looks nice and to help a wronged woman get a little payback on an unfaithful husband.
    You can check out the full listing here.
    (h/t OnTheDash)

More...

Lolz
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Of course, if true, it seems an issue about ownership could come up. The husband would probably be able to bring a civil charge of conversion against her. And depending on the laws of the state with regards to marital property, buying it could be knowing receipt of stolen property. I mean, it's probably a lie to drum up the price by getting attention to the ad, but still.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

4. Likes Samanator liked this post
    What did I say about law speak?!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Since she is acknowledging that she is not the owner, I'm surprise Ebay has not shut down the post?
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    What did I say about law speak?!
    I don't recall.

wait, we got people here who know the law??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    wait, we got people here who know the law??
    Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Sort of.
    thats what I like to see confidence. in my lawyer
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    thats what I like to see confidence. in my lawyer
    Ismy, I'd never be your lawyer. I won't wear a wig.

I actually did research this issue a little bit more, and yes, this very well could be theft by the letter of the law, and at the very least, the husband is entitled to half of the money from the sale. Texas is what's called a community property state, which commingles much more of the property owned by a married couple than the majority of states (which are separate property states). But there are still things that are separate.

In community property states, the following is separate property:
    --gifts given to one spouse
    --property either spouse owned before the marriage and kept separate during the marriage
    --inheritances

If it falls under any of those categories, she is likely guilty of larceny criminally, conversion civilly, and the buyer is guilty of knowingly receiving stolen property thanks to her very informative ad. If it doesn't, then he gets half.