Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were You Shafted by Photobucket?

Blog Entries

Were You Shafted by Photobucket?

I was - well sorta.
    I have close to 1300 pics on there - most for embedding on forums and in my blog. Since I paid for a bit more storage I didn't get the famous:

But I have 18 months to relocate my images before I do. I intend to host the ones for my blog on my own website. It'll take a while to reformat 300 blog posts but that's how the cookie crumbles I guess.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Nope - never used it. There will probably be a plugin or script someone will write to reformat urls - replacing the domain with another but keeping the file locations the same. You just format your new storage accordingly?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I'm in the same boat as you Ray. I had some extra storage so I have not had the message yet. I have copied many of my Photobucket photos to Imgur. I do notice they do not scale down in size like the Photobucket ones do. It may be a setting I have not found yet.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you Ray. I had some extra storage so I have not had the message yet. I have copied many of my Photobucket photos to Imgur. I do notice they do not scale down in size like the Photobucket ones do. It may be a setting I have not found yet.
    I haven't really found any online photo site I feel I can trust. Although it's technically possible to embed Imgur photos their TOS forbids it - so that doesn't seem too inspiring. There is one called Imgbox that works too - but they are on the Eve of Destruction according to some online sources. They were supposed to shut down at the end of June but are still going.
    My own web provider does allow unlimited storage and bandwidth but I still have to load everything there.
    I downloaded all my photos from Photobucket and stored them locally so I can get them easily enough when it comes to a blog migration and rebuild.
    I can understand that Photobucket doesn't want to allow embedding for free - but I was a paying customer. I certainly will not pay $400 per year to use their service though.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

I've never used photobucket or any of those photo hosting accounts. I host my photos through my own server. I'm on several photo forums and I feel bad for everybody. But photo bucket is crazy for what they are charging.

I'm happy to say I'm not affected. I've never used any photo hosting site; not really had the need.
    I've always just uploaded pictures directly from my PC or laptop.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Uploading from my Mac has not been working lately for me?
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Uploading from my Mac has not been working lately for me?
    I still can't get any sense out of Internet Explorer with file uploads... it just sits there and does nothing when I click 'Upload'.
    I switched to Firefox and not had a single issue since.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Blog Entries
    After I downloaded all my blog/forum photos from PB I have installed them on my 2 fast desktops - so I can work on the blog migration at my leisure. I also backed them up on Amazon Prime Photos but that doesn't really look like a good embedding alternative either.
    I was a dummy not to use my own site hosting for my blog at least - but after 10 years with Photobucket I expected them to treat their customers better. Live and learn.

postimg.org
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869