Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Does this Seiko look legit to you?

Threaded View

It's certainly not a nineties watch. However, still arguing an apparently contrarian case - the 'standard' 7000 - 8000 has a dial with 7000 - 800 L R on it. The one we are discussing has 7000 - 801 L R and the 7000 - 8010 I posted with another variant of dial had 7000 - 802 L R Now either these Indian watch fakers are being incredibly subtle or these are three different dial types - 800, 801 and 802.

While on the subject of subtle fakery, I also note that the hands on the 801 dial are exactly the same style as the 800 dial but are just a smidge wider so that they match the indices.

All I'm saying is that if this is a redial or a franken, then the attention to detail is better than anything I have ever seen before.

Mind you, trying to find an identical one I also found something cool so I'm not moaning too much,

Incidentally, I make it September '71.

*Edit* OK, Google Fu pays off:

Here's a copy of the picture that we are discussing:

and here's a picture of a different but identical watch:

Which is in much nicer nick!

and here it is - note the dial number:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-VINTAGE...p2047675.l2557
    Last edited by Matt; Jan 18, 2015 at 09:25 PM.

2. Likes Der Amf liked this post