Likes Likes:  427
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Tuesday - 18 July 2017 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post
    Recycled pics again. Sorry.

Attachment 65232
    Don't be sorry! It's a great pic, as are all of yours. Most of my pics are recycled too, these days, due to work and summer and a general apathy for taking fresh ones at the moment.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

2. Likes iyonk, FSM71, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    It's Tuesday, so.....
    Name:  Tudor brochure4.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  85.2 KBName:  Tudor 7804 steel2.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  121.6 KB
    Tudor.

~Sherry.
    Last edited by popoki nui; Jul 18, 2017 at 04:21 PM.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I just learned this morning of the passing of a man I consider a friend, though I never met or spoke to him. Miles was a member of the Rado forum long before I joined. His enthusiasm and general good cheer was infectious and his passion for watches was obvious. I have never seen a bigger collection. I made him do an SOTC once and he posted pictures of several dressers and several china cabinets. All were so full of watches they were spilling out. His tastes ran far and wide, from Rados to transition era Walthams, and obscure TC cased brands to Lucien Piccard Seasharks. His sub-passion was high beats and Miles owned at least one example of a 36,600 vbh watch from every manufacturer that ever produced one.

Of all the watches I owned that Miles truly admired this is the one that gets the least wrist time from me and thus seems the most appropriate choice to honour his memory.

P7180004 copy copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Rest easy my friend.

PA011538 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

PA011561 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

PA011539 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

PA011555 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    In so many ways, the internet is both a blessing and a curse. It gives us the opportunity to "meet" and build relationships with people we otherwise might never have the ability to befriend. But it also can mean sadness when someone like that passes away. I think the balance is definitely on the positive side, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    In so many ways, the internet is both a blessing and a curse. It gives us the opportunity to "meet" and build relationships with people we otherwise might never have the ability to befriend. But it also can mean sadness when someone like that passes away. I think the balance is definitely on the positive side, though.
    It is. I have many friends I would never otherwise know. I have even met some of them.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

6. Likes iyonk, FSM71, gnuyork, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    on way to Cali again to unload 36,000 lbs.
    #SpeedyTuesday

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapacrap
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post
    I most definitely would too C!!! Just sayin'
    Thanks, Chris. I know you're not afraid of less conventional designs.

9. Likes stew77, iyonk, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Pan Europ today

Cheers,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I just learned this morning of the passing of a man I consider a friend, though I never met or spoke to him. Miles was a member of the Rado forum long before I joined. His enthusiasm and general good cheer was infectious and his passion for watches was obvious. I have never seen a bigger collection. I made him do an SOTC once and he posted pictures of several dressers and several china cabinets. All were so full of watches they were spilling out. His tastes ran far and wide, from Rados to transition era Walthams, and obscure TC cased brands to Lucien Piccard Seasharks. His sub-passion was high beats and Miles owned at least one example of a 36,600 vbh watch from every manufacturer that ever produced one.

Rest easy my friend.
    Sorry to hear that, Henry.

I've never met - in person - anyone from the net. However, some of our virtual friends can become as real as our real friends.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    ............... some of our virtual friends can become as real as our real friends.
    Truth. I can't think of a single person here who I wouldn't consider a friend in real life, if we happened to meet or live in the same area.

I've only met one so far (Walter), but it would be great to meet some more someday.