Likes Likes:  80
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New Arrival - Tudor Heritage Black Bay 41

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    It's black on this. Same on the 36. So matches the other BB's
    Interesting. I wonder what it is in the BB steel and chrono.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Interesting. I wonder what it is in the BB steel and chrono.
    Black on both

3. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Black on both
    Interesting indeed.

Thanks. It is a bit like a more sporty DJ2. This was one of my favourite releases from Basel and it does not disappoint in person. The snowflake hands really is somewhat of a strange choice on a watch like on paper. But somehow it works beautifully and adds some fun to what would otherwise be a rather basic three hander
    Agreed on all except perhaps the snowflake hands. Well-lumed hands make perfect sense with that well-lumed dial. The lume on the DJ2 dial completely overwhelms the lume on the hands at night, making it hard to read the time. On the Tudor chrono, the snowflake hands obscure the subdials and are less successful.

I like the whole package you have there. Well balanced, versatile and sensible. And the choice of a 2824 means that the watch slips nicely under a cuff as you showed. I'm frankly jealous.

Really nice Magnus. I, like you, don't really care for external rotating bezels, so this version of the BB is a real winner. I could see that joining the Ranger and the Explorer I on my adventurer's watch list.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Really nice Magnus. I, like you, don't really care for external rotating bezels, so this version of the BB is a real winner. I could see that joining the Ranger and the Explorer I on my adventurer's watch list.
    I'd definitely put it on the list if I were you. Since I'm still not quite sold on mercedes hands this is better for me than the Explorer. Also think this has a bit sleeker look than the Ranger. Even if I really like the Ranger this does dress up nicer.

Blog Entries
    I'd definitely put it on the list if I were you. Since I'm still not quite sold on mercedes hands this is better for me than the Explorer. Also think this has a bit sleeker look than the Ranger. Even if I really like the Ranger this does dress up nicer.
    Yeah, it's easier to dress up the BB41 than the Ranger--the Ranger is much more of no-nonsense field watch. There are almost no polished parts on the Ranger, whereas the BB41 is definitely built to be a dressier choice.

I would go a step further than you and say "I don't like mercedes hands." but I may be able to overlook them once.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Blog Entries
    For me, the thing the Explorer does best over the Ranger and BB41 is have 20mm lugs (which, in all honesty, is still a little wide for a 39mm watch, but who the hell wants to deal with 19mm lugs?). Not that I don't like the Explorer, not that it isn't exquisitely made, but for me it can be a hard upsell over the Ranger (and presumably the BB41 as well). The OP39 is different, it's dressier, it offers color, and other than that it's the same guts as the Explorer (the Explorer has a better clasp, too), but I don't think the Explorer really kills the Ranger and BB41 the way it should for twice the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    but I don't think the Explorer really kills the Ranger and BB41 the way it should for twice the price.
    Better movement and better warranty, but as you say not sure it warrants double the price.