Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRUW august 2017 starts here:

WRUW august 2017 starts here:

welcome my vintage friends. so my downsize continues with this Certina Bristol 190 soon to be going so why not one last outing, had this some time but it's the old story of just not getting used and maybe someone else would. suppose it will be the fate of many like this as I need a tool watch and these type of watches am always worrying about dents and dings special as it's from the 70's and in great shape it makes you think you need to keep it so so some times I feel more like a caretaker then a owner so got's to go

have a lovely month ahead guys wishing you all the best

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Downsizing from how many to how many?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by morningtundra View Post
    Downsizing from how many to how many?

say 200 plus was a lot more but been downsizing since middle of last year down to say hmm rotation say five for the collection twenty maybe ...

starting to keep a record here **** Those That Was ****

but some I sold before I did the thread others I never got round to doing pics . so those was about a forth of the collection maybe less
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

welcome my vintage friends. so my downsize continues with this Certina Bristol 190 soon to be going so why not one last outing, had this some time but it's the old story of just not getting used and maybe someone else would. suppose it will be the fate of many like this as I need a tool watch and these type of watches am always worrying about dents and dings special as it's from the 70's and in great shape it makes you think you need to keep it so so some times I feel more like a caretaker then a owner so got's to go

have a lovely month ahead guys wishing you all the best

As always Ismy

Always add a picture of the guts. Many of us start considering a watch once we see what kind of movement it has. Of course, that can work against you if it is plain jane.

Thanks for sharing,

Dan

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post

WRUW august 2017 starts here:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    ... Of course, that can work against you if it is plain jane.

Thanks for sharing,

Dan
    Having been intimate with several plain Janes over the years, je regret rien.

8. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    say 200 plus was a lot more but been downsizing since middle of last year down to say hmm rotation say five for the collection twenty maybe ...

starting to keep a record here **** Those That Was ****

but some I sold before I did the thread others I never got round to doing pics . so those was about a forth of the collection maybe less
    Oh boy. You got it bad didn't you!

That's quite a collection. Love the Casio f-91. One of my first watches and always wanted another one day.

Clearly lots of love and passion in your collection... and maybe a little insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Always add a picture of the guts. Many of us start considering a watch once we see what kind of movement it has. Of course, that can work against you if it is plain jane.

Thanks for sharing,

Dan
    yes try to give the most info and movement shots but some time it can be my impatience that don't help as some time hate a watch sitting on the bay for month at the time so I try to temp buyer in with lower start prices BUT that only works if more and one persons wants it had a few go at low start points and also some times you get lured in to low start points with all the high bin prices so you think yeah it will make close to that .. but WE ALL KNOW B.I.N PRICES are crazy and way off well thats what I have learned
    Last edited by is that my watch; Aug 1, 2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: spell check
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Oh boy. You got it bad didn't you!

That's quite a collection. Love the Casio f-91. One of my first watches and always wanted another one day.

Clearly lots of love and passion in your collection... and maybe a little insanity.

well more that I never got rid of any watches in over 20 years just keep buying my watches to do threads and for enjoyment also some time just to see if I could fix them... but I would gift a few to friends family or the local charity shop but got to a point of needing to down size as just to many some not getting used so yeah

f-91 is a firm favourite on watch forums my mate even did a piece on them on his site

http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

well more that I never got rid of any watches in over 20 years just keep buying my watches to do threads and for enjoyment also some time just to see if I could fix them... but I would gift a few to friends family or the local charity shop but got to a point of needing to down size as just to many some not getting used so yeah

f-91 is a firm favourite on watch forums my mate even did a piece on them on his site

http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/
    Funny... I read that when it came out. He runs a nice site.

Did you ever see the 'oil fill hack'?
    http://www.newdwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=4398

Funny... I read that when it came out. He runs a nice site.

Did you ever see the 'oil fill hack'?
    http://www.newdwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=4398

yeah I put his link in my signature to hopefully help increase his fan base, make a nice change to read some thing done on a more affordable level with out some of the b.s you get on some sites

yeah there was a thread in the mod/repair/diy forum here I did have a go at it

Show us your Modifications
    Last edited by is that my watch; Aug 1, 2017 at 12:12 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy