Likes Likes:  32
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: **** Watch owner or just a caretaker ****

also the weird thing is the watches that don't owe me anything sell well to my mind but those I paid more for always disappoint me and see to go low so some of them I wonder did I pay to much and if you know me probably was not that.. just think at the moment prices are bad and getting worse I think for the future too so am going to cut my loses and do it now and so be it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    also the weird thing is the watches that don't owe me anything sell well to my mind but those I paid more for always disappoint me and see to go low so some of them I wonder did I pay to much and if you know me probably was not that.. just think at the moment prices are bad and getting worse I think for the future too so am going to cut my loses and do it now and so be it

Yeah, that reminds me of my little fetish for GuB watches that lasted a couple years, and I paid a chunk for some of them. I was able to sell all but one of them, for near what I paid, but it took a while. I had some really peachy examples, but maybe too dressy for people these days. It's when we realize how few people are niche collectors like that. Once you get into the more populous realms of vintage Subbie or Speedy collectors, things heat up a bit but then the cost of entry goes way up too. I prefer to muck about in the cheap seats. I also had a fetish for 2209s, only one left of those now as well. These two....

Last edited by skywatch; Aug 1, 2017 at 08:48 PM.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

4. Likes CFR, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Yeah, that reminds me of my little fetish for GuB watches that lasted a couple years, and I paid a chunk for some of them. I was able to sell all but one of them, for near what I paid, but it took a while. I had some really peachy examples, but maybe too dressy for people these days. It's when we realize how few people are niche collectors like that. Once you get into the more populous realms of vintage Subbie or Speedy collectors, things heat up a bit but then the cost of entry goes way up too. I prefer to muck about in the cheap seats. I also had a fetish for 2209s, only one left of those now as well. These two....

yes think you hit it clearly on the head their my taste on some, was very niche as you say so when coming to sell you either got to wait for that one buyer who will pay what we think it's worth or do as auction and hope theres two of them sold some on there maiden bids as there was no competition , thats the curse of buying the unusually ones when it come time to sell is finding the buyer that one know what it is and two more importantly know it's worth ,

yes the 2209 is one of my fav movements had over a ton of watches with that movement at one time or other
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes skywatch liked this post
    well do you know something I'm probably better off with my tat lots , sold some decent watches at a lost and at the same time sold the bit's off a tat lot I bought I broke even on that one ( sold two of the four and they made enough to cover the cost of the whole lot plus post ) and got two decent watches to keep so all they cost me was some hard work to make presentable . go figure a..... bay seems crap of late too
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy