Likes Likes:  365
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 5 August 2017 »»»»»»»»»

««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 5 August 2017 »»»»»»»»»

Good day, IWL.

Keeping with the vintage theme, today is a Seamaster from c. 1958.

Name:  Omega_1958_18b.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  355.1 KB

Name:  Omega_1958_14.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  211.4 KB
    (Recycled pics)

Hope you all have a great weekend ahead.
    Last edited by CFR; Aug 5, 2017 at 03:18 AM.

Have a great weekend everybody!

back to the Smiths PRS-29a ... i used to always want to have Rolex Explorer 36mm... this is the closest to that dream for me... this one wear like a joy to me.. luv it..
    Name:  DSCN3130.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  62.4 KB
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Have a great weekend everybody!

back to the Smiths PRS-29a ... i used to always want to have Rolex Explorer 36mm... this is the closest to that dream for me... this one wear like a joy to me.. luv it..
    Name:  DSCN3130.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  62.4 KB
    Almost makes me want to get one, but as I've been saying lately, I'm in a complete, total, absolute. no exceptions "saving mode".

Have a great weekend, Iyonk.
    Last edited by CFR; Aug 5, 2017 at 03:44 AM.

4. Likes iyonk, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Almost makes me want to get one, but as I've been saying lately, I'm in a complete, total, absolute. no exceptions "saving mode".

Have a great weekend, Iyonk.
    Thank you so much C...
    i owe Alan for all the Credits... i would never have such an opportunity to own this watch if not because of all his favor..

i've check its power reserve and get 42hours +, and the accuracy is superb! so not only it look gorgeous, it wear so well and run GREAT too!
    i'm luving the acrylic crystal for the look, the perfect legibility and toughness... i can buff the scratches in the future and i already have plenty of watches with sapphire glass.. so i'm good with this one..
    it has characters, very legible design, toughly built, perfect size for my wrist, great movement (Eta 2801-2) and classic field style... i can totally get it why you like it since we see it from the same angles..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Thank you so much C...
    i owe Alan for all the Credits... i would never have such an opportunity to own this watch if not because of all his favor..

i've check its power reserve and get 42hours +, and the accuracy is superb! so not only it look gorgeous, it wear so well and run GREAT too!
    i'm luving the acrylic crystal for the look, the perfect legibility and toughness... i can buff the scratches in the future and i already have plenty of watches with sapphire glass.. so i'm good with this one..
    it has characters, very legible design, toughly built, perfect size for my wrist, great movement (Eta 2801-2) and classic field style... i can totally get it why you like it since we see it from the same angles..
    Truth is: I love hand wind watches - I strongly prefer them over automatics - all my vintages are hand wind for a reason. Besides, the ETA 2801 is a reliable, easy to service and trusty movement. And the watch has this practical, not pretentious look I like. It's a lovely piece. Enjoy.

Btw, I'm not a big fan of the Explorer I; I'm sure it's a great watch, I like to see it here, in pics, but when I tried one (actually, 3 from different iterations ) it just didn't work on my wrist, not sure why.
    Last edited by CFR; Aug 5, 2017 at 04:11 AM.

7. Likes iyonk, watchdaddy1, Greg liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Greetings from the tiny town of Sulce at the end of narrow road in the Jura of Switzerland. Here for a festival. Performed last night with mostly borrowed equipment because my luggage got lost in Berlin. My room faces East and the sun pours in at dawn, making jet-lagged sleep mostly impossible. So, I hand-washed my only clothes, and now waiting for them to dry in the bright alpine sun with only one watch to wear.

Name:  2017-08-05 08.15.00.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  70.5 KB

Name:  2017-08-05 08.15.23.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  55.4 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Recent impulse buy. No idea why.
    Name:  Casio newcalc2.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  55.9 KBName:  Casio newcalc1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  47.7 KB

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Recent impulse buy. No idea why.
    Name:  Casio newcalc1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  47.7 KB

~Sherry.

Because it oozes geek-chic?
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Cheap and simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk