Likes Likes:  365
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 5 August 2017 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    It wouldn't bother me at all.

Me neither. It's just a curiosity thrown up by the odd lighting in the photo. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been to a Rolex service centre yet.

2. Likes CFR, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    This arrived at my door today:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice!
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

4. Likes hayday, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Unfortunately, I had to have the crown replaced because the DLC coating was coming off despite how infrequently I wore it.

To be honest, I would never expect DLC to work on a crown, no matter how well it was applied. I've had one DLC watch, which was fine during the relatively short period of time that I had it, but I'm not sure that coated surfaces make a lot of sense.

Originally Posted by skywatch
    Because it oozes geek-chic?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Nothing else to say, really.
    Apart from , in this particular case...... geek chick

I think it looks super cool , is it vintage ?

EDIT: Found it , CA506 ........ and CA56 on a rubber/resin strap
    Last edited by Seriously; Aug 6, 2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

7. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    To be honest, I would never expect DLC to work on a crown, no matter how well it was applied. I've had one DLC watch, which was fine during the relatively short period of time that I had it, but I'm not sure that coated surfaces make a lot of sense.
    Hasn't been a problem on my Damasko...

Hasn't been a problem on my Damasko...

I think you've hit on something very real there ml. I have had several DLC pieces, and like you I've found that not all DLC is created equal...there seems to be variation in the quality and durability of DLC coatings depending on who is providing the coating.

My most durable and best wearing DLC has come from Germany (so I'm not surprised that your Damasko has given you great durability). I am surprised by your Helberg crown not holding up though...in general, Clemens and the H2O/Helberg brand produces very high quality stuff...bummed to hear that the crown durability is not up to snuff.
    Cheers,

Chris

10. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post
    I think you've hit on something very real there ml. I have had several DLC pieces, and like you I've found that not all DLC is created equal...there seems to be variation in the quality and durability of DLC coatings depending on who is providing the coating.

My most durable and best wearing DLC has come from Germany (so I'm not surprised that your Damasko has given you great durability). I am surprised by your Helberg crown not holding up though...in general, Clemens and the H2O/Helberg brand produces very high quality stuff...bummed to hear that the crown durability is not up to snuff.
    Supposedly Clemens' DLC is also done in Germany, and he claimed originally that he hadn't seen any other situations like mine. Of course, since it's now happened to me with the brand new crown as well, either there is a problem or I have far more caustic hands that I previously thought.

12. Likes iyonk, stew77 liked this post
    H2O Hydra. Honestly, I am very disappointed with this watch, which is a shame since it has great potential.

Unfortunately, I had to have the crown replaced because the DLC coating was coming off despite how infrequently I wore it. It took quite some time, but Clemens did have the crown replaced and the watch came back to me a few months ago. Since then, I've worn it maybe three or four times, and as you can see, the coating is already coming off the crown again. The watch has been sitting in the watch box, all I've done is wind it a few times when I've worn it. This simply shouldn't happen, and I don't have the patience to contact Clemens again.

If anyone is interested in it, let me know, I'll give you a good price.

that's a bummer for sure ... and i just browse for it and it is not an inexpensive watch also.. the case and dial is gorgeous though..
    i would have totally strip the DLC on the crown to make it even it were my watch.. it will make the crown look out of place but better than have blotchy finish like that..

my heart is with you mlcor...
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

14. Likes mlcor liked this post