Likes Likes:  4,238
Page 127 of 502 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 5018

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

I don't think any of my bikes before Carla and Angus had names. Both of those bikes have tons of character though.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

2. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I haven't ridden a bicycle since last fall. Angus was stolen over the winter and I never filed a claim. It hardly seems worth the trouble. $1000 deductible and five years of increased insurance payments for a $2000 bike. I miss him but refuse to buy another, so I am finally going to get Carla back on the road. Some new fancy tires tomorrow and she'll be ready to go.
    Insurance is a scam except for the catastrophic stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Insurance is a scam except for the catastrophic stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To be fair to my insurance company, they were stellar when we had the break in about a decade ago. With that being said, I can still do math.

Ordered a few items on 5th. evening, so earlist posted/sent 6th., amazed how quick some international can be.
    One, from H K would have been delivered on 8th. , if in, recieved 11th. , same day as one from Berlin.
    A U K got here on 7th. which is pretty good for free on a low cost but bulky item yet another from U K didn't send untill 9th. got on 14th.

7. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    LeMans 24 hours. I am surprised that it took 6 hours before Montoya crashed. Yes, it was his first stint, but still Montoya's car made it a quarter of the way through the race. If his team truly knows him they must be super happy.

9. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    OOOHHHHHHH!!!! Angry all over again. I put my Jamis on the road last night. It hasn't been out of the shed for the last two years. I got a flat at the end of the season three years ago and just never got around to fixing it. I go to get my helmet today only to discover that the "fellow" who stole my Pashley stole my helmet too!

That is a step too far...

On the other hand, it feels really nice to have a fast, responsive and unforgiving bike to ride again.

11. Likes boatme99, geoffbot, OhDark30 liked this post
    OOOHHHHHHH!!!! Angry all over again. I put my Jamis on the road last night. It hasn't been out of the shed for the last two years. I got a flat at the end of the season three years ago and just never got around to fixing it. I go to get my helmet today only to discover that the "fellow" who stole my Pashley stole my helmet too!

On the other hand, it feels really nice to have a fast, responsive and unforgiving bike to ride again.
    We have a separate cycling thread!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    We have a separate cycling thread!
    If we can have airports in the Cars & Bikes thread....

In their defense you really shouldn't ride a bike without a helmet.

15. Likes Henry Krinkle, geoffbot liked this post