Likes Likes:  4,325
Page 36 of 512 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Breguet classique?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Yeah man. I wasn't even looking out for it because I had to change lanes right after I turned, so I was focused on getting safely ahead of the car to my right. Luckily I was already accelerating hard, so when I heard someone honk, I saw it, and just hammered down midway through my turn to get out of the way. That honk probably saved my life.

Yikes! Glad you're OK.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

3. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Yikes! Glad you're OK.
    Thanks, man. Scary stuff. I'm home now, I've eaten a sandwich, and all is well.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

5. Likes skywatch, geoffbot liked this post
    A brush with death can be uplifting, even exciting to the point where so much adrenaline is being produced that you could smash atoms with a sheet of toilet paper.
    I've survived two lightning strikes in my life, I'm a bit off, but still alive.
    Glad you're ok, Raza.

7. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato View Post
    A brush with death can be uplifting, even exciting to the point where so much adrenaline is being produced that you could smash atoms with a sheet of toilet paper.
    I've survived two lightning strikes in my life, I'm a bit off, but still alive.
    Glad you're ok, Raza.
    Two lightning strikes!

Two lightning strikes!
    Yes.
    July of 1974 when baling hay. Both myself and Denny (farmers son) were struck while making a run for cover on a John Deere 3020. Big rubber tires are a good thing. Worst part were the welts from hail stones.

1987 I was entering a local hardware/ lumberyard store when lightning struck a transformer about 300' feet away and traveled via underground conduit and blew out the entrance alcove just as I got past the second doors. Suffered some foreign debris damage and hearing impairment, but still here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato View Post
    Yes.
    July of 1974 when baling hay. Both myself and Denny (farmers son) were struck while making a run for cover on a John Deere 3020. Big rubber tires are a good thing. Worst part were the welts from hail stones.

1987 I was entering a local hardware/ lumberyard store when lightning struck a transformer about 300' feet away and traveled via underground conduit and blew out the entrance alcove just as I got past the second doors. Suffered some foreign debris damage and hearing impairment, but still here.
    Damn, Jato. Have you ever bought a Powerball ticket? Either your luck is all used up or you really should try to hit a big jackpot!

Blog Entries
    Finally made contact with one of the sellers. Trade might be possible, but it might have to be a cash deal. I'd be okay with cash.

12. Likes TJMike5150 liked this post
    Damn, Jato. Have you ever bought a Powerball ticket? Either your luck is all used up or you really should try to hit a big jackpot!
    Odds of being struck by lightning = 1/700,000

Odds of winning the powerball = 1/175,000,000

Odds of being struck by lightning twice then winning the powerball = 8.575e+19

(odds from Google)
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Dude, this other guy I contacted has not come back to me for days, and I made a reasonable offer for trade and even mentioned that I'd be fine adding cash if he didn't think that it was even. And nothing! I even asked "Hey, either way, please let me know". How hard is it to send an email that just says "I'm not interested in that trade, thanks"? He even put in the goddamn ad that he was willing to look at trades.