Likes Likes:  4,302
Page 41 of 509 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Mine is a Samsung like this:

Bottom left is always a freezer, bottom right can be a freezer or a 30F fridge (anything with carbonation or alcohol doesn't freeze at that temp, it water might). The bottom left freezer, for the record, took all the things that made my Viking French door pull out freezer took, with room to spare, when the shitty Viking was overflowing. We still have that POS in the garage, but it only gets used for overflow storage when we have parties--basically it's an extra beer fridge.

I never knew how much of a difference the right appliances can make to your life. Our Viking was shitty and broken from day one. When we replaced it with the Samsung, we rejoiced. Our Viking dishwasher was next to get the boot, replaced by a whisper quiet and actually cleaning Bosch, which meant that we could do the dishes and stay in the house. The old one was so loud that I could hear it from by bedroom a floor up with the door closed. Forget trying to watch TV in the adjacent room. Not happening. And the dishes actually come out clean, which is always a plus for that type of appliance. Then the next to go was our STUPID Viking microwave. To its credit, it worked until it broke, but the buttons were on the inside! Style over substance, again (dishwasher had hidden buttons that could only be used when the door was at the right angle--other dishwashers do this as well and it's so ****ing stupid). Once it went, a Samsung took its place, and using the kitchen is no longer a frustrating experience.

When I was younger, even when I was on my own, but renting, I never gave appliances any thought. A fridge is a fridge, a dishwasher is a dishwasher. Unfortunately, now I know better--and better is almost always more expensive!
    We discovered the joys of the proper alliamce when we became business owners and bought ourselves a new "luxury" stove that did everything we wanted AND had two ovens. There was no looking back after that.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jato View Post
    You should have a nice sunny day according to your weather forecasters.

Grab you camera and head to the beach just for the sake of doing so.
    The sky was orange today - sand from the Sahara apparently. Eery - never seen nowt like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Do we know if our Irish friends are all out of the path?
    3 people died - 1 from a tree falling on his car, 1 in a chainsaw accident from cutting a fallen tree not sure about the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    Borrowing more money to afford a fancy, and overpriced fridge amongst other toys (such as?). That is probably worse than borrowing money to buy a watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good point. I'll buy another watch too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    It's a cool looking fridge, but make sure the function is what you need. I have a four door fridge with a convertible freezer (into a drinks fridge). So much more useful. I don't need that much freezer space.
    Yeah your Samsung has about twice either capacity and is half the price so we might get something like that instead. But, I'm a big fan of paying a premium for a desirable item that's inherently worth no more than something cheaper.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Bad photo of my new stove - came with the house - 5 ring burner, double oven. Very excited to kit out the place - just speccing up my gym now.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

4. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Looks like a smaller version of ours.

We take no credit for the cooker - it came with the house. Left to our own devices we’d probably have something simpler.

6. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Red sky and bits of the Sahara dropping here too. I first experienced the Sahara phenomenon on a day-trip to France. I hadn’t been to France before and put it down to the French not washing their cars and windows. Until I got back and saw the state of my car in Folkestone.

We’ve also got that bonfire smell from time to time, which is apparently coming from bush fires in northern Spain and Portugal.

Small world.

Howdy all.

Just dropping in to say a quick hello. I've been supremely busy at work AND they blocked this site so I can't get on during the day. Oh and I also currently have the flu so I've been resting a lot the last 3 days.

Carry on!
    Kody

9. Likes geoffbot, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post
    Howdy all.

Just dropping in to say a quick hello. I've been supremely busy at work AND they blocked this site so I can't get on during the day. Oh and I also currently have the flu so I've been resting a lot the last 3 days.

Carry on!
    Feel better, Kody!

I really don't like eating dinner at 9:20 at night. But that's what happens after a 12 hour workday.

Just got back from a class on making game sausage.

My work partner for the evening was wearing a Junghans Meister Telemetre.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I really don't like eating dinner at 9:20 at night. But that's what happens after a 12 hour workday.
    When I used to work that long, I'd eat dinner at the office. Over a 10 hour day or after 7PM, we were allowed to order dinner on the company.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking