Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time and Tide - LIST: 5 watches to survive the end of the world, just in case things

Hmm.

Just stuff that would be useful if everything went pear shaped. Looking at the rest of the world, I long ago decided that the number one issue is always water purification and disease so there's everything from an everlasting catadyn ceramic water filter to a kelly kettle. Three classes of antibiotics, as well as large bottles of antiseptic,. a very complete first aid kit and copies of books like 'where there is no doctor' as well as tedious stuff like solar and wind up chargers and a decent shortwave radio. . It's not as exciting as you'd expect, just practical. The assumption that everything will carry on as it always did is generally a good one, but turning an intellectual exercise into something a little more practical just seems a bit like buying insurance. My wife thinks I'm odd.
    Last edited by Matt; Aug 13, 2017 at 10:39 PM.

2. Likes iyonk, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    My wife thinks I'm odd.

She knows you best.

4. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Name:  a3842c8c1a4b8f88ffdb31cf872940b2.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  58.4 KB

Name:  G-Shock-Rangeman-Barometer.png
Views: 65
Size:  174.3 KB

both solar and abc, 9400 pic is borrowed

I'd go with something solar powered. I have a G-Shock but if the work is ending I'm guessing I can find a Tissot T-Touch solar at my local mall. They also carry Rolex and Tudor so I may borrow a few more watches while I'm there.

I some time wonder with articles like these it's just like advertising for the big five with not much thought put in .. so right.... end of the world so smash and grab is easy no law would I go rolex probably not and deffo would not go pp their more fine dining then smashing brain dead zombies in... think I would go and window shop a G'shock store for there top end G'shocks they do it all and can take a beating and still look dam good doing it...

I used a old GA-100 as a gardening / diy / everything watch for a good six to eight months still looks like it's just out the box so that got up grade to casual wear and am using a white baby g as my lets get it done watch ...

funny fact in the first dead island ( it's a zombie game ) one of the characters sports a gold Daytona rolex ...
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Which G-Shock is that? I actually kind of like it. As a Suunto guy, I'd prefer a Suunto, but their battery life leaves something to be desired.

I like this one more, but it's only got a 2 year battery life:
    http://www.gshock.com/watches/Others/GA100-1A1

Might as well stick with Suunto at that point.

EDIT: Yeah, I think Submariner and Elementum would be my top two choices.
    Last edited by Raza; Aug 15, 2017 at 03:30 AM.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Breitling emergency. In case someone is monitoring the frequencies still and you get in a jam. And you can use the antenna to garrote the inevitable zombie/vampire
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Which G-Shock is that? I actually kind of like it. As a Suunto guy, I'd prefer a Suunto, but their battery life leaves something to be desired.

I like this one more, but it's only got a 2 year battery life:
    http://www.gshock.com/watches/Others/GA100-1A1

Might as well stick with Suunto at that point.

EDIT: Yeah, I think Submariner and Elementum would be my top two choices.
    well the GA-100 I use is this one but not sure which I would smash and grab as they have solar ones and 10 year battery models there all sorts in there top end line might for fun look later and find one to use
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

11. Likes Raza liked this post