Likes Likes:  43
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I have an itch...

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Yeah, I know. A car can have a Corvette engine, but that doesn't make it a Corvette.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Yeah, you got it, ml. That's exactly what I meant.
    I don't get it, it says El Primero on the dial and has the movement, what's the difference? Is it because we identify the EP designation with a particular style of watches from Zenith like the tri color?

Either way, I truly don't care if it says it or not as it's only a couple of words on a dial, I know what's inside and that's all that matters to me, along with the aesthetics that I have to love.

Name:  captain.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  55.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I think Raza's point is the same as mine, namely, I would want an El Primero model with an EP movement, rather than a Captain model with an EP movement.

The three hander Captain uses Zenith's other in house movement, the Elite. In my Captain, it's been superlative--super accurate.
    Who really cares. Both movements are good. Life is too short buy what you like.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

3. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I don't get it, it says El Primero on the dial and has the movement, what's the difference? Is it because we identify the EP designation with a particular style of watches from Zenith like the tri color?

Either way, I truly don't care if it says it or not as it's only a couple of words on a dial, I know what's inside and that's all that matters to me, along with the aesthetics that I have to love.

Name:  captain.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  55.6 KB
    Well, this one looks more like a "regular" EP, although I would miss the star at the end of the chronograph seconds hand, which I think is cool. But this one is very pretty, and the date is at 6, where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Who really cares. Both movements are good. Life is too short buy what you like.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    ^^^this, always. I don't think either Raza or I were arguing against that, just parsing the differences between the two models.

5. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Well, this one looks more like a "regular" EP, although I would miss the star at the end of the chronograph seconds hand, which I think is cool. But this one is very pretty, and the date is at 6, where it belongs.

^^^this, always. I don't think either Raza or I were arguing against that, just parsing the differences between the two models.
    The only difference between what I first posted and the latest is the words "El Primero" on the dial, it's just a more recent version as far as I can tell.

Thanks for all the input all! I am for sure leaning towards the Zenith.

7. Likes mlcor, Cybotron liked this post