Likes Likes:  102
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-issue watches

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Timefactors do a number of reissues. This one is 395 GBP ...
    This is now officially in the short list. Thanks

2. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Tudor Heritage Ranger? Although I'm afraid this is not your type of watch, right?!

Attachment 9214
    (pic from hodinkee)
    Unfortunately, you are correct on this one. I had the opportunity to try this during a sneak preview launch, and it just didn't push any of my buttons.....but thanks anyway.

4. Likes CFR liked this post
    Have you been through the timefactors web site there is a lot in there around the same money. I think they actually own the Smiths name but there are other heritage models as well.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

6. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    One last "solution": readjust your budget a little () and get something I'm (almost) sure you'll like. And there's more: you'll probably won't need a new watch for a very looooong time Here it goes, pic from VC web

Name:  image_scale_2000_2000.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  287.3 KB

8. Likes Nutty28, JAGtime, synequano liked this post
    Have you been through the timefactors web site there is a lot in there around the same money. I think they actually own the Smiths name but there are other heritage models as well.
    Just started looking after your earlier post...heehee. Thanks.

10. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    One last "solution": readjust your budget a little () and get something I'm (almost) sure you'll like. And there's more: you'll probably won't need a new watch for a very looooong time Here it goes, pic from VC web

Name:  image_scale_2000_2000.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  287.3 KB
    Undeniably, a beauty. Ok, let me see what I need to do to make this work ..... stop buying watches for the next 5 years, eat instant noodles for as long as I can.......wait...maybe a faster way...Anyone needs a kidney, ???? I just did a full body check up, its in mint condition, include all papers and box....

12. Likes CFR, JAGtime, londonflash liked this post

Eddie is not taking any new orders to clear a backlog - think it's back to business on the 27th.... I like the PRS36 - I just wish he wouldn't model them on his wrist.... it really is enough to put you off

Does the Jenny Caribbean reissue interest you at all? About $1200 either on rubber or beads of rice bracelet.

http://www.jennywatches.com/CARIBBEA...ack.htm#mydiv5
    And that one seems like a bargain to me.

Actually I was going to mention any of the DOXA SUBS, they are pretty much all re-issue types (like most, not a direct copy, but enough pointing to the original to get the vintage vibe).

And I've got the Certina DS3 reissues (I have 2, should really sell one). But those aren't new, good luck finding one in like new condition (way below your budget though, and a really great watch!).

My Navitimer Anniversary Model is essentially a re-issue.

I like re-issue type watches. Why not? I buy lots of reissue types guitars and amplifiers. Even a number of my hats are reissues of older models (have the real vintage ones too). I'd probably have some re-issue type razors if it weren't for the fact that the genuine vintage article is still affordable. I guess I'm just nostalgic.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

15. Likes Nutty28, MHe225, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    More from my line of collecting. Shanghai, Seagull and Beijing do a number of very nice re-issues, like the Shanghai military:

Seagull WuYi:

Beijing One: (pic by Ric)

Shanghai 611: (pic by good-stuffs)

The entire longines heritage line is pretty sweet
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague