Likes Likes:  102
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Re-issue watches

Forgot one, the Rado Original Diver, well under $1000 if you look. I have both the bracelet and strap and prefer the strap (since it's supposedly a diver).

Rado Original Diver-1 by fortsonre, on Flickr

Rado Original Diver-2 by fortsonre, on Flickr

Rado-8 by fortsonre, on Flickr

Note that the strap shown here was a partial strap (no hardware) that I bought on ebay. Looked like crap (gaps everywhere) so I just sucked it up and bought the official Rado rubber strap and it fits as it should. I just don't have pictures of it.

TL;DR - ignore the gaps with the rubber strap. The one I have now doesn't have those gaps.

2. Likes popoki nui, iyonk liked this post
    Thanks. I tried this out when it was launched sometime back. It really looked very nice, but the problem the fonts on the face is too small, that I really had trouble reading. Otherwise, this would have been added on a year ago....sigh....signs of ageing

Thanks to all who have made great suggestions to what I was looking for. Looking through the thread, I have some souring/ hunting to do. These are what I am looking at right now:

Longines Telemeter, though I think I prefer the one from Junghans as the dial seems less busy.
    Zodiac Sea Dragon, most probably the blue dial - looks stunning on picture
    Smiths
    Beijing
    Tudor Heritage Blue Chrono
    Vulcain
    Ball Skin Diver
    Rado Diver

These are mostly within my budget, with some change .

The other three that will probably take me a while before I can lay my hands on are:

GO Seventies, Zenith Big Pilot, and the GP 1945.

Once again, thanks to all who contributed. Much appreciated. More suggestions are always welcome. Its the fun part of the hobby!

5. Likes CFR, MarkO, geoffbot, MHe225, Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutty28 View Post
    Thanks. I tried this out when it was launched sometime back. It really looked very nice, but the problem the fonts on the face is too small, that I really had trouble reading. Otherwise, this would have been added on a year ago....sigh....signs of ageing
    Assuming you're talking about the Tissot Heritage Navigator, yeah, I know what you mean. I have to stare long and hard to read it, but I can eventually (50 year old eyes). Seeing as how this is 43mm and the original was (I think) 36mm, can you imagine ever being able to read that one? I guess it came with a magnifying glass. LOL!

7. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    still count as re-issue... all i got are these 30th anniversary of the 1983 DW5000 from 2013.. (DW5030, DW5030c, and DW5030D)
    it has stainless steel screwback case and the simplicity,ultradurable and dorky look of the first g-shock... i love them..
    Attached Images Attached Images     

9. Likes popoki nui, Nutty28, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Assuming you're talking about the Tissot Heritage Navigator, yeah, I know what you mean. I have to stare long and hard to read it, but I can eventually (50 year old eyes). Seeing as how this is 43mm and the original was (I think) 36mm, can you imagine ever being able to read that one? I guess it came with a magnifying glass. LOL!
    Yup, I was referring to the Tissot. My bad for not quoting earlier.

I was actually very eager to see it in person and was prepared to make the purchase when I first saw the ad. And to be honest, other than its legibility, it would have been perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that you mention Tissot, the Heritage 150th Anniversary series (39,5mm case) is quite nice and well within budget (in steel)

Name:  T66_1_722_31.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  45.0 KB Name:  T71_9_440_31.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  40.6 KB
    (pics from Tissot web)
    Last edited by CFR; Jan 25, 2015 at 03:39 AM.

12. Likes Nutty28, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Now that you mention Tissot, the Heritage 150th Anniversary series (39,5mm case) is quite nice and well within budget (in steel)

Name:  T66_1_722_31.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  45.0 KB Name:  T71_9_440_31.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  40.6 KB
    (pics from Tissot web)
    That's a nice one, C. Thanks! Is this already launched?

Quote Originally Posted by Nutty28 View Post
    That's a nice one, C. Thanks! Is this already launched?

Yes, they are. These models were launched a few years, ago, but they are (still) on the catalog. The chrono reference is: T66.1.722.31

Edit: they are COSC certified.

15. Likes Nutty28 liked this post