Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WRUW September 2017 starts here:

oh and the trench watch is a large 22mm had one that was touching 20mm and was a mans also got a limit movement fully working at 16.5mm looking for a case for that

as have been know to re-case watches too did it with an old delgard took me a few months of searching to find a case to fit ...
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by is that my watch; Sep 16, 2017 at 08:42 AM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Dan R, OhDark30 liked this post
    todays will be a rarer rado as it is needing a service I can't afford will have to be sold on to someone who can , with cheap swiss brands might risky doing it myself but not a chance on a rare old rado be a shame to bugger it up

heres a shot of it with a 50's smiths pocket watch I overhauled
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

4. Likes Dan R, OhDark30 liked this post
    bit of both old and modern today I think

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes Dan R, OhDark30 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    bit of both old and modern today I think
    Is it the picture or is the dial printed kind of fuzzy? Is the dial ceramic or metal? I once had a dfreemont that looked like that, but with blued hands and a power reserve.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Is it the picture or is the dial printed kind of fuzzy? Is the dial ceramic or metal? I once had a dfreemont that looked like that, but with blued hands and a power reserve.

Dan
    neither it's actually plastic most of the 3602 dials I have come across are, does not matter the style here it is when it was a pocket watch could not find the shot of this one but here is the same model I strip down for the movement as the dial was marked and another pic of it ...

have done a few with the 3602 pocket watch movements will dig out some pic's
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

so using the 3602 Russian movement there are three that I got shots of one I sold and one I gifted and one I still got
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    so using the 3602 Russian movement there are three that I got shots of one I sold and one I gifted and one I still got

I get it. It is a pretty versatile movement. Sort of like the Swiss Unitas movement used in the manual wind Glycine Incursors.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    I get it. It is a pretty versatile movement. Sort of like the Swiss Unitas movement used in the manual wind Glycine Incursors.

Dan
    it is used a lot in self builds as it is along the lines of a 6497/98 well the dial thickness is different so you can swap dials from a 64 to a 36 but not the other way .. can't remember the name but it's based on a early movement that is used in early rolex think is it Cortebert .

edit...... will do a thread on the 36 pocket watch movement edit edit ...**** Whats the difference between the 3601/3602/3603 ****

I prefer it over the Chinese 6497/6498 as they tend to be better looking movement but they have a issue with the winding cog falling out when working on it unless you remember to pull the stem to setting before removing it .. there upside is lots of dials and hand and case for them out there where as ..

with the 3602/03 they are not as fancy to look at plate wise but are a lot more sturdy and can take rough treatment one sat in my bits box as broken for months before I got round to checking it was just in with other parts so not protected as was going to use for parts ..found the problem when I was about to strip the barrel out, the cog had become loose so tighten that and it started working lovely so yes a lot better movement to handle and use ..the only down size is dials and hands as the case used for the 64 fit these too..

so it's just getting your hands on the dial and hands but in saying this over the last year it seem's to be a lot easier as they are now producing what I like to call fantasy dials and hands to be used ...

so you have a choice go vintage and use old dial and hands ..there a few dial so a lot of choice their but the hands was always a very limited choice ...

now the movement has shot up last year maybe the year before you could get job lot's of pocket watches for no money bought one that was £25 all in and had five of them ..

now say working one would cost that and more .. so sourcing movements has become expensive

http://ussrwatch.net/Movement-Molnija-caliber-3602.html
    Last edited by is that my watch; Sep 21, 2017 at 09:51 AM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

found this in the rafitt link for the 3602 movement it is in the thread I link to but for conversation will link the relevant bit here as well

family/generations:
    *) narrow stripes, **) Geneva stripes, ***) no decoration
    3602 H= 3.5mm 2nd Watch Factory:
    1948-1955: * signatures: 15 jewels, ratchet wheel: Molnia, Salut
    1948-1955: ** signatures: 15 jewels, ratchet wheel: Molnia
    1955-1963: ** signatures, 15/17 jewels, ratchet wheel: Molnia, Iskra
    3602 H= 3.5mm, Chelyabinsk Watch Factory:
    1951: * signatures: early logo (with star), 15 jewels
    1952-1954: ** signatures: early logo (with star), 15 jewels
    1954-1965: ** signatures: new logo (443), 15 jewels
    1965-1968: ** signatures: Molnia logo (dial) under balance, 15 jewels
    1968: *** signatures: Molnia logo (dial) under balance, 15 jewels
    3602: H= 4.65mm Chelyabinsk Watch Factory:
    1960- (Fig.1-3): ** cam disc regulator, crown wheel with separate gear for the winding pinion, mounted with 2 screws, cap-jewel settings, heavy balance with 18 screws, signatures: new logo (443), 18 jewels
    1965- (Fig.4): ** like above, but signatures: Molnia logo under balance, 18 jewels
    1967 (Fig.5): *** else like above
    1967- (Fig.6): *** like above, but cap jewels without settings
    ca. 1970: *** long regulator lever (no longer cam disc), signatures: Molnia logo under balance or on bridge, 18 jewels
    ca. 1970- (Fig.7): *** short regulator lever, signatures: Molnia logo on bridge, 18 jewels
    ca. 1975-1984 (Fig.8): *** over all coarser finish, lighter balance with 12 screws to compensate higher friction losses, crown wheel with single gear for winding pinion and ratchet wheel, mounted with one screw, signatures: SU, Molnia logo under balance
    1984-1985 (Fig. 9): *** like above, but additional date signature, until now noticed: 84 3 ... 85 3
    ca. 1985-2008 (Fig.10-11): *** base plate modified, setting-lever pin instead screw, winding wheels often without sunburst finish, signatures: uncertain, SU and/or Molnia logo under balance
    3608: sweep second, base: 3602 H3.5 Chelyabinsk:
    1957-1966: *** signatures: like contemporary base movements, but 16 jewels and no calibre signature
    3617: chronograph on base movement 3602 H= 3.5mm 2nd Watch Factory:
    ca. 1952-1959: *** signatures: like contemporary base movements, but 19 jewels and no calibre signature
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes Dan R liked this post