Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chronograph Movement ID Help?

Quote Originally Posted by morningtundra View Post
    It's been with a watchmaker for several months. He's not the most communicative (English not his first language) but apparently it's now running fine and ready for my wrist...

... and yes, I paid more for his service than I did for the watch (hangs head in embarrassment).

Sent from my cracked, broken hand wound phone. IG @morning_tundra
    No shame in that. I did the same with an old Seiko 6139 (1973, Pogue-style). Service was almost 3 times what I bought the watch for!

But somebody's gotta keep these alive...

not surprise seen some go really cheap in the usa but needing work that would cost some times a couple of times what it cost to buy them .. but for a love of a good chrono worth it even if some time , when you move them on you lose out because of it, but we don't do it for the money do we
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Dimman View Post

But somebody's gotta keep these alive...
    indeed and not just the more famous brands , even the more obscure brands too
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    indeed and not just the more famous brands , even the more obscure brands too
    I'm a sucker for romantic origin stories and Bovet Freres checks those boxes for me...

And I'm intrigued but modern Bovet. WAY out of my reach and often quite ugly but amazing nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by morningtundra View Post
    I'm a sucker for romantic origin stories and Bovet Freres checks those boxes for me...

And I'm intrigued but modern Bovet. WAY out of my reach and often quite ugly but amazing nonetheless

that can be said for a lot of pieces of vintage rolex for one love there early stuff from trench watch to the old classical all gold case pieces and some can be had at still affordable prices special the unmarked dial but marked movement the early transitional pieces too and also some of the little know but highly collectable longines and the like
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy