Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pierce Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Indeed, that is nice, especially for 200USD. I like how he cleaned the dial enough to make it look good without further messing it up. That is hard to do!

Thanks,

Dan
    He salvaged that seconds and hour hand too

Sent from my cracked, broken hand wound phone. IG @morning_tundra

2. Likes Dan R liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by morningtundra View Post
    That was an interesting article. I’d be a little disappointed with that refinish too. I’m surprised they got the typography so wrong. And after 500 days?! WTH?
    Yes, I thought the 500 days might cheer you up after your own wait :-)
    It's odd. They clearly put a lot of thought into getting the typefaces right, yet not at the level of the individual numerals, and those modern 3s just kill it for me.

And I love the Pierce. Great design and beautifully executed - love the contrast between the elegant gold numerals and the machined dial - highlighting the metalworking technology in a beautiful way (we don't seem to do this any more - now it's words in a brochure, or the *most* of something - WR, hardness, bpm etc)
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!