Likes Likes:  65

View Poll Results: Who becomes the grand winner of more for a score summer time addition

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ro63rto: Seiko 5

5 33.33%
  • Crownpuller : timex ssq

10 66.67%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **** M.F.S.I.I.T.W.I - LETS get ready to rumble.. the grand final ****

**** M.F.S.I.I.T.W.I - LETS get ready to rumble.. the grand final ****

Well you might have been seeing once a week a thread called M.F.S.I.I.T.W.I then different levels well we started a comp back near the start of IWL. when after a conversation with some members that did not think a good watch could be had for twenty English pounds, and I jokingly said most my watches I buy are under that . and hey presto the idea was spawned another member then created a comp to start with, think their was two that ran smoothly but then the next comp went some what awry and the mojo was lost,

Some months later we felt like trying again. so it fell to me to try, and to put a more fun less rules .. say a fun and frolics approach to it and since then we have one possible two a year, depends how many members enter the more the merrier is always great. just takes longer as we do one a week,

For those not up on this comp and how it works we would have a certain time set to look for a watch for £20 or what the relevant money is in your country up to that amount ..then once found and bought you have a short while to fix (well I say short depend order pulled )

Then once all watches are in. we would take pic's and chat about them then we would do a face off .. as in we would put all the names on pieces of paper and put them in a hat ..

Two are pulled out random from it.. each week till empty the winner from each pull going forward to the next level,
    then it's repeats itself till there are the final two and this is where we are at ...

level one winners :

round 1) crownpuller : timex ssq
    round 2) DJW : Luch 2209
    round 3) Matt : Certina
    round 4) Litlmn : casio AMW
    round 5) Meijlinder : tianjin Dong Feng.
    round 6) Fuzzy B : Juvenia
    round 7) Ismy : Casio MTD-1067D-1AVEF chronograph.
    round 8) Ro63rto: Seiko 5

level two winners :

round 1) Ro63rto: Seiko 5
    round 2) crownpuller : timex ssq
    round 3) DJW : LUCH 2209
    round 4) Matt : certina

level three winner :

round 1) Ro63rto: Seiko 5
    round 2) crownpuller : timex ssq

Now we come to the grand final .....

Just at the start of the last comp we decide to design a badge when it started to look likely to be a regular thing of it happening once or twice a year ...

The winner gets that and the last two times their have been prize but not always.. we normal do it for just the hell of it ...

But this year we have the badge and we have a prize... and A mystery prize at that gifted by Alan - Tribe even I don't know what it is ( he would not even let me know ) ...

I normal say at this point the next two randomly drawn from the hat are .... but well we all know what watches are left so without futher ado ....

I will let this voting run Sunday to Sunday as the final one

Ro63rto: Seiko 5
    Model SBW031
    7019-5000 aka "Monaco wannabe"
    Full length original bracelet
    Watch was probably used to dig for potatoes it was so dirty.
    It runs, keeps time to within 1min/day

Crownpuller : timex ssq
    Purchased for the princely sum of £3.60 + £2.90 postage + £3.22 (inc. postage) for a couple of batteries - All in for less than a 'tenner'
    The elbow grease & fettling were 'gratis'

As always ismy

p.s thanks to the members / mods for your input and how this competition has gone.... It just proves again how we have got something special here at IWL even when being draw against each other and being voted on there has been nothing but kindness / politeness and all round just dam good fun.... may it long continue
    Last edited by is that my watch; Sep 24, 2017 at 04:32 PM. Reason: dam spellchecker :(
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Very hard , not sure whether to go to the dark side or the cute.

Billy Super Duper

3. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    yep going to wait awhile to see or might just go soon and get it over with when like going the dentist

ok then done went with the old which would I wear more approach
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

How can I choose? This one is super tough and needs another cup of tea first. Maybe two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    So this is it - the FINAL.

I've voted for both of these in the preceding rounds, so it's hard - very hard.

But I can't look beyond that pristine example of a watch that was once the future - for £3.60.

Timex SSQ

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    i guess the Timex would be the choice for the purpose of this poll - that hurts a little because i love the Seiko and have two vintage 5's myself- i must say though the Seiko 5 is as much a piece of history in its multi diverse models and movements -like this one here, the 60's /70's are real solid elegant workhorses that have stood the passing time of fashions and as wearable today as when first introduced -oh i don't know can i change my mind !!

I really like the Seiko, but the SSQ is the obvious winner for me.

However, it really is a fitting final as it features two watches that exemplify this competition. One is about as left field as you can get and one that is about as mainstream as you'll find. Both are real bargains that any WIS would be happy to own and show that, even in these days of ever increasing prices, there are real bargains to be had for those with the patience and knowledge to find them. ISMY has perfectly summed up the social aspect, but the quality of the horology, round after round is as much of a compliment to all who have taken part.

Not to mention ISMY himself who really has made this competition his own. Thanks for the massive good humoured effort and for guiding the ethos so well.

So... When's the next one?

Blog Entries
    I think that the awesome retro-futurism has finally weakened my resolve; but I could hardly imagine two more worthy contenders, nor a more worthy bunch of people to play the game.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Couldn't have said it better, Matt!

Great work to all who participated and thanks to Ismy for keeping this contest running.

Congratulations to both finalists for finding some diamonds in the rough. I could honestly flip a coin and be happy with the outcome.

It was a lot of fun participating, and I'd definitely do it again. That being said my vote goes to the Timex.

14. Likes is that my watch liked this post