Likes Likes:  483
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 143

Thread: <<<<< WRUW <<< October >>> 2017 >>>>>

  1. #21
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,182
    Catching up a bit.








    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Likes Sedi, Greg, deepsea_dweller, iyonk, d2mac, OhDark30 liked this post
  3. #22
    Moderator G-Shock/Digital Sedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    939
    Working while watching a movie with our new projector on a 2.5m wide screen. Can life get any better?
    Cheers, Sedi

  4. Likes Greg, deepsea_dweller, iyonk, d2mac, Kronos liked this post
  5. #23



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Likes Greg, iyonk, Sedi, d2mac liked this post
  7. #24
    Forgot to post this yesterday, I customized my ga800 a little. The original strap is almost identical to the strap design of models like dw5600ms, 6900ms, etc., which is a bit stiff. I swapped it out for a gw5000 strap to see how it would look/feel. Of course it's much more comfortable and looks good too.

    I'll probably try a normal dw6900 strap next then back to the original next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. Likes d2mac, iyonk, Sedi, Kronos, deepsea_dweller liked this post
  9. #25
    Very Sorry i have not been active lately here ... abit busy taking care family and fixing my recording studio PCs...

    i still wearing my G, but a bit heart broken lately since i just realise some of my collection develop some problem..
    first the solar models getting more hazy under the crystal where the casio put the solar panel and cover it with clear sticker.. i would prefer to get battery model in the future..
    second, many of my square getting some problem in on the protection bezel.. they become sticky and shiny and also cracked.. huge bummer since i can no longer order replacement thru family member..

    DSCN8629.jpg

    at least 4-5 of my bezel getting the same problem.. strangely, the straps are all still really good... not glossy or sticky..

    after cleaning, sadly it might reach the end of its life..
    DSCN8631.jpg

    none of my nephews want the sqaure.. they are all prefer to have my Mudman, GD350 and so on..

    i stuck with my squares... the watch are still really good.. and it still my fav model..

    DSCN8633.jpg
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

  10. Likes d2mac, Greg, deepsea_dweller liked this post
  11. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,318
    Another square here!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You see no pictures in my post?
    Photobucket decided to lock my pics behind a 40$/month prescription service.
    I used their services since 2009 so the most of my old threads have Photobucket pics inside.
    If you stumble across one of those threads and want to see the pic, PM me and i will re-attach it.
    What can we learn from all the lost information?
    1. never thrust cloud services
    2. always keep control of your data

  12. Likes Sedi, iyonk, Greg liked this post
  13. #27
    MWC is that my watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    came for a look stayed for the biskwits
    Posts
    27,064
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Very Sorry i have not been active lately here ... abit busy taking care family and fixing my recording studio PCs...

    i still wearing my G, but a bit heart broken lately since i just realise some of my collection develop some problem..
    first the solar models getting more hazy under the crystal where the casio put the solar panel and cover it with clear sticker.. i would prefer to get battery model in the future..
    second, many of my square getting some problem in on the protection bezel.. they become sticky and shiny and also cracked.. huge bummer since i can no longer order replacement thru family member..

    DSCN8629.jpg

    at least 4-5 of my bezel getting the same problem.. strangely, the straps are all still really good... not glossy or sticky..

    after cleaning, sadly it might reach the end of its life..
    DSCN8631.jpg

    none of my nephews want the sqaure.. they are all prefer to have my Mudman, GD350 and so on..

    i stuck with my squares... the watch are still really good.. and it still my fav model..

    DSCN8633.jpg
    not a problem mate I can order them for you well a friend can and have them sent to me and I can post on to you if it is the newer models or if they have them in stock from here https://www.tiktox.com/ let me know if you need me too
    "The light that guide me is from the bridges burning behind me"

    https://emgwatches.com/
    www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/
    ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches




  14. Likes Greg, iyonk, Sedi liked this post
  15. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    not a problem mate I can order them for you well a friend can and have them sent to me and I can post on to you if it is the newer models or if they have them in stock from here https://www.tiktox.com/ let me know if you need me too
    Thank you very much Mark my friend.. i really appreciate your generous gesture..
    i will hold on for a while... i just checked Pacparts and all the bezel are in "restricted" mode.. thankfully, my most worn G-Shock, the DW5030c still in pretty good shape.. the bezel indeed show some wear, but still strong... its the collection that i put in the drawer that i just realise getting some of these problem.. strangely, the straps are not suffering the same problem at all..

    the cracked bezel got worse when i install it.. it reach its life indeed despite i have not wear it that much.. so i remove it from the watch..

    i'll wear all my other G then.. i still love G-Shocks.. and this is my first "resin rot" problem in decades.. it happen despite i keep them clean and in controlled environment.. might be something like formula or else..
    i'll just wear them from now on... since they will fail weather they get wear or not..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

  16. #29
    MWC is that my watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    came for a look stayed for the biskwits
    Posts
    27,064
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Thank you very much Mark my friend.. i really appreciate your generous gesture..
    i will hold on for a while... i just checked Pacparts and all the bezel are in "restricted" mode.. thankfully, my most worn G-Shock, the DW5030c still in pretty good shape.. the bezel indeed show some wear, but still strong... its the collection that i put in the drawer that i just realise getting some of these problem.. strangely, the straps are not suffering the same problem at all..

    the cracked bezel got worse when i install it.. it reach its life indeed despite i have not wear it that much.. so i remove it from the watch..

    i'll wear all my other G then.. i still love G-Shocks.. and this is my first "resin rot" problem in decades.. it happen despite i keep them clean and in controlled environment.. might be something like formula or else..
    i'll just wear them from now on... since they will fail weather they get wear or not..
    well I get all my bezels and what not from tiktox.. mate of mine orders them for me so yes they do lots of the new models and on occasions old models waiting for them to get in a yellow bezel / strap for one g and and a blue with yellow marking 9051... so yeah offers their any time you want mate sure my mate would have no problem ordering them again for me ( I got some good mates that way )

    possible it's how you clean them or that with where you live gets hot during the day and very cold at night ? if so could cause them to get damaged even if not in use
    "The light that guide me is from the bridges burning behind me"

    https://emgwatches.com/
    www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/
    ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches




  17. Likes iyonk liked this post
  18. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well I get all my bezels and what not from tiktox.. mate of mine orders them for me so yes they do lots of the new models and on occasions old models waiting for them to get in a yellow bezel / strap for one g and and a blue with yellow marking 9051... so yeah offers their any time you want mate sure my mate would have no problem ordering them again for me ( I got some good mates that way )

    possible it's how you clean them or that with where you live gets hot during the day and very cold at night ? if so could cause them to get damaged even if not in use
    i'm quite carefull with my G Mark, as you can see from the bezel picture, it doesn't even have any scratch or dings ..
    i also clean them very-very careful, its just the material getting brittle.. they get sticky and glossy and feel very "rubberish".. i clean them carefully with warm water and mild soap.. and then realise, no matter what, its just easily get break.. like the usually resin rot problem..

    i'm typing this wearing my DW-5030c and check the GW5000 bezel and strap i put on it doesn't suffer the problem despite it is getting wear a lot.. so wearing your G regularly indeed help preserve the resin..

    the broken bezel is from my DW5600MS that i bought in 2012 and the usual DW5600e from the same year..

    i'll check my other G-Shocks soon... while prepping some of them for my nephews..

    G-Shock are insanely tough watches, but in my country there are no spare parts... thankfully i have plenty of G ..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us