Likes Likes:  14

Thread: **** Old watch brands that can be had for little money ****

**** Old watch brands that can be had for little money ****

Well had a little free time while waiting for paint to dry quite literal this time just waiting for some primer to dry so was having a quick look on the bay for watches got £30 burning a hole in my pocket and I saw quite a few nice vintage working watches in fair condition really at one time I would be jumping for these.

But at the minute I am defining my collection so for the most part am selling more then buying ..I mean their some I am always on the look out to buy so I can check them out for example got a few russian I want to get check out and do threads on, some will remain in my collection some will get sold on as only bought to give them the once over .

As I ways saying so saw a few good watches go for little money in some ways it's good for collecting them but in others not so much for the sellers, when if you think back to the 70's the prices of some of these fine Swiss watches could have been weeks of salary to the average man/woman.

And yet now could be had for a fiver or a tenner it seems a crying shame in a way but maybe gives a chance for poeple to buy and enjoy or for that have a collection that is really affordable ..

I have seen some decent names and OK a lot of unknown names too .. a few for instance modine /telltime/ hefik / marvin/ rotary / smiths /Avalon/ just to name a few some of these are more well know then others.

I might be tempted to on occasions buy one of these watches do a little thread on them and then possible sell it again unless it has impressed me enough to get put to collection.

What vintage swiss or any other for that matter have you got in the old collection love to see them

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    A smidge more than a tenner but a nice find.

Sent from my cracked, broken hand wound phone. IG @morning_tundra

don't have to be a fiver or a tenner that was just a for example as they was just the usually sort you see most the chromed brass case sub-six types you see a lot or mil 3 handier's missed out on a joblot had one called basic looked pretty good from the one pic.

got my eye on something it will need a little tlc but could be something a bit special even thou unbranded and not the earliest movement or the pretty's but think a bit of work might turn it into something great
    Last edited by is that my watch; Oct 9, 2017 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

well snagged the lot I meationed ..now lets hope as good as it looks more to follow
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes morningtundra liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well snagged the lot I meationed ..now lets hope as good as it looks more to follow
    Any prelim pics as a taster?

nope going to be total tease on this one
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

oh and have also bought a very risky cimier very bad pics / description had to have go as they made me laugh with the immortal line

"1940's needs battery x strap"

hmmm that some old battery
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes morningtundra liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Kingston is one of those brands...

Name:  Kingston.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  61.4 KB

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Kingston is one of those brands...

Name:  Kingston.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  61.4 KB

Dan
    thats quite lovely
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

13. Likes Dan R, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    Any prelim pics as a taster?
    this was it got it going and the hands on but the setting is very loose very hit and missed and not sure why so might flip it as is then mess anymore and break it the cimier turn out to be junk
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

15. Likes watchdaddy1, Dan R liked this post