Likes Likes:  112
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sot(modern)C

Oops, forgot my last acquisiton of 2016.
    While in Jamaica having an early celebration of our 30th anniversary I buy Mrs. K a nice little FC and she insists on getting me something in return. There isn't a lot I like but the fake chrono presentation of the day/date on this thing amuses me.

P1310035 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Titanium Eco-Drive something or other. Every time I wear it I am reminded of Mrs K and what might be the best vacation of my life.

Here we are and it is 2017 now. The year starts with an unexpected flurry of selling. A really weird private message from the other place regarding a picture I posted many years ago opens the door and in short order 8 pieces, at least half of which are really nice, go out the door without a twinge of regret. I have it in mind that I will only buy one piece this year and I already know what it will be.

The Robert Lighton San Remo, after the Model 400 I already own, is the watch that I really, really want and Brian offers to sell his to me. I can hardly contain my excitement and when we finally get down to brass tacks...

P3240086 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

I leave it in the lurch for the Neinaber Bunde. I had been after a Neinaber for a while and I always thought I would get one of the wackier ones, but the more I looked at it in comparison to the Lighton, the moe I liked the Neinaber.

So, that's it for the year then. It's March. I'm done and fine with it.

Larry buys an Armand Nicolet L-10. I have been fascinated by their treatment of old movements since I discovered their O.H.M. series. I casually mention that if he's interested in selling it...

Then... Rado introduces the Captain Cook reissue. I thought I would never have to buy another new Rado, as I don't really care for the direction they are currently heading. After getting over being pretty angry with them I order it and start the four moth wait.

Larry buys a 90th anniversary Stowa Le, so now I own this.

P6220180 smart copy copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

August rolls around and the Captain Cook finally arrives and it's a little gem.

P8030098 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

And here we are now. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Oct 17, 2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Wonderful summary, and a wonderful set of additions to what was already a very eclectic collection. Oh, and awesome pictures as always...

3. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Thanks, mlcor. I think this year's batch of watches was really good. That's probably why I am not restless about the collection.

5. Likes mlcor liked this post

Yeah, And I'm still waiting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post

Yeah, And I'm still waiting for it.
    Is that because of the mix up in the case finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Is that because of the mix up in the case finish?
    Yes. But they said it would add an extra week. That was a month and a half ago.

That's not great.

That sucks. But if it's anything like mine, it'll be worth the wait. Love mine.

Excellent collection Henry! (that the pics are brilliant goes without saying)

I've already bought one watch after seeing your photos of it (KonTiki) and the shots of the Nienaber and the Armand Nicolet are not helping...

12. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Excellent collection Henry! (that the pics are brilliant goes without saying)

I've already bought one watch after seeing your photos of it (KonTiki) and the shots of the Nienaber and the Armand Nicolet are not helping...
    Thanks Magnus. Just so you know, I had already decided on one fo those two for tomorrow and I think I'll post a new photo of it. Just sayin...

14. Likes mlcor liked this post