Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    And that's a very interesting list, indeed.
    Thanks! My taste is all over the place and ever-expanding, even at this stage in the game. Some of those are newer acquisitions, some are keepers, and some I need to move...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ctimrun View Post
    I'll bet. For the regular user, it was just screen clutter. Did you all get paid for that or was it all volunteer?

Volunteer, and on occasions it could take several hours a day.

Ernie Romers would sometimes give us a small gift at Christmas. Nothing spectacular - and no watches.

3. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    Welcome to the forum!

5. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    I just discovered IWL, and after a quick glance, I’m excited. Seems to be what that other forum used to be and I’ve really missed that. I already recognize some usernames from the good ol days of WUS. I look forward to taking part, here
    Welcome aboard

Sent from Arrakis using Spice Melange

7. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Welcome buddy! It IS what the other forum used to be. We migrated when they got bought by the big corporate conglomerate. We wanted it to be about the watches and friendships.

9. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I'll bet. For the regular user, it was just screen clutter. Did you all get paid for that or was it all volunteer?
    All volunteer. I ran the Breitling Forum and the Sales Corner (HUGE TASK) and Ernie once sent me a shirt and a bell for a bicycle. I don't even own a bicycle. I think that's what rubbed us the wrong way. He didn't appreciate the amount of time and effort we put into making his forum successful. We did it because we loved the members and the watches. He didn't ask us or tell us when he sold out. At that point we knew it was all about the money. For us it was NEVER about the money. We fund this site with our own money and any generous donations that the members ever feel like giving. We never ask because we will fund it for as long as it needs. We currently don't do sponsorships or member levels or any of that stuff. We wanted a true watch forum free from commercialization. That's what we have here. And we hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Broker
    Co-owner
    Resident goof off

11. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    A bell? You got a bell? Why didn't I get a bell?

Although I think there were a couple of times I opted out of a lovely gift...

13. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    A bell? You got a bell? Why didn't I get a bell?

Although I think there were a couple of times I opted out of a lovely gift...
    No worries. It broke after my kid rang it about 6 times anyway. You didn't miss a thing.

It's like Ernie said "What can I give them to show my appreciation for their hard work and dedication to WUS? A watch? no. Leather straps? no. Watch case? no. I HAVE IT!!!! A bicycle bell".

15. Likes Samanator liked this post
    I got a T-Shirt (That didn't fit) and a WUS pin from Ernie.

Here I've given away as contest prizes three new watches, and about a half dozen IWL Nato's during our First Anniversary Celebration.

Really he gave you a bike bell? I'm certain you had a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot exclamation when you opened that up? Remember pot is legal there.

Also a Co-Owner here.
    Last edited by Samanator; Oct 18, 2017 at 07:20 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I got a T-Shirt (That didn't fit) and a WUS pin from Ernie.

Here I've given away as contest prizes three new watches, and about a half dozen IWL Nato's during our First Anniversary Celebration.

Really he gave you a bike bell? I'm certain you had a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot exclamation when you opened that up? Remember pot is legal there.

Also a Co-Owner here.
    It took me about 5 minutes to figure out that it was an f'ing bell. Pretty much the most useless piece of crap that he could have sent, is what he sent. I also got a shirt that was too small. I think Jeannie got watches or other cool stuff because Ernie really liked her. Jeannie gave up a lot to be here. She was in line to take the reigns of WUS and gave it up because she didn't feel right about what was going on there. It had to have been a huge internal struggle for her. I admire her for her decision to walk away. Hugely admire her.

18. Likes ctimrun liked this post