Likes Likes:  48
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: that damn rash created a chain reaction...

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Actually, it depends on the style/design/purpose of the watch. For the record, I have 20 watches with dates and 15 without.

The Stowa is nice, but no date on that particular one. There is a white Marine version with a date that is 40mm and available with a hand wind (ETA 2804), but not a black dial one.
    Bell&Ross' have these perfect integrated dates on the 123's. IMO one of the nicest executions of the date window

Name:  Bell-Ross-Vintage-Original-Black.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  107.4 KB

and ofcourse the gorgious Hamilton Broadway day-date ( altough is a automatic), very balanced design on that dial, especially for that budget

Name:  h43515735.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  56.4 KB

If i go to more "robuste" kind of watches i tend to go to the other extreme and buy things like seiko tuna or other toolwatches

Well, if you're willing to go automatic, that throws open a lot of additional candidates...

3. Likes I-B liked this post
    Well, if you're willing to go automatic, that throws open a lot of additional candidates...
    let's say i'm not totally against automatic's

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    let's say i'm not totally against automatic's
    Glycine might be worth checking out, then, as well as Nomos. This one is quite nice IMO, and would be quite versatile:

Name:  n.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  48.4 KB

6. Likes I-B liked this post
    There's a black dial version, too:

Name:  Nomos Dunkel Side.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  31.8 KB

8. Likes I-B liked this post
    There's a black dial version, too:

Name:  Nomos Dunkel Side.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  31.8 KB
    i REALLY like Nomos, but the gap between their cases and pushpins, i cant unsee it, it should be on nato or single piece perlon or smtn like that ALL the time to satisfy me.........

Blog Entries
    Glycine might be worth checking out, then, as well as Nomos. This one is quite nice IMO, and would be quite versatile:

Name:  n.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  48.4 KB

That Nomos is pretty nice.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    i REALLY like Nomos, but the gap between their cases and pushpins, i cant unsee it, it should be on nato or single piece perlon or smtn like that ALL the time to satisfy me.........
    Yup, lug gap is a major problem with Nomos.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

12. Likes I-B liked this post
    You were in the hospital quite a long while recently right? Probably from all of the various drugs you are now sensitive to things you might not have been before, and as others have said, sometimes things just change. If it happens with shellfish and peanuts it stands to reason other things that are even suppose to be hypo allergenic may not be for you now. I get a rash/burn from the frequency of quartz watches regardless of what the case is made of. It seems to only happen in more humid weather (which is always where I live). The rash/burn that I get does not look like what is happening to you, but in searching I did find what happened to me was far more common then I would have thought.

I wash my watches in anti-bacterial hand soap. Maybe try that. One other thing I tried was wearing it on the other wrist just to see if it follows.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

14. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    You were in the hospital quite a long while recently right? Probably from all of the various drugs you are now sensitive to things you might not have been before, and as others have said, sometimes things just change. If it happens with shellfish and peanuts it stands to reason other things that are even suppose to be hypo allergenic may not be for you now. I get a rash/burn from the frequency of quartz watches regardless of what the case is made of. It seems to only happen in more humid weather (which is always where I live). The rash/burn that I get does not look like what is happening to you, but in searching I did find what happened to me was far more common then I would have thought.

I wash my watches in anti-bacterial hand soap. Maybe try that. One other thing I tried was wearing it on the other wrist just to see if it follows.
    back in the Dutch forum from the other place there also was a member who became intolerant of quartz, he would get physically ill after a few hours wearing quartz. It took him quite a while to learn that. Might give the soap a try too, i have dettol handsoap here. Others also suggested perhaps the alcoholgel i use to clean the watch could be the problem. An other, rather freightening option would be metal/nickel allergy, the rash is where the metal strapkeeper is located. That would limit me to only wear platina,gold or titanium?