Likes Likes:  4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cool or useful house stuff

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Ah. No need for that - never had an outage longer than an hour.
    YET but they say soon there could be
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by ctimrun View Post
    I have a couple Roombas and they work well on hardwood, tile, and carpet. They do a great job of keeping things tidy in between deeper cleanings and prolong when they need to happen.
    Not so great if you have puppies that aren't house trained in your house. Takes the good part of a Saturday to clean up a Roomba that happened to find dog poop. Don't ask how I know this.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

3. Likes tribe125, Chicolabronse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I don't know how I lived before the Nest Thermostat.
    How much do you have to change the temperature in your house? I've never really gotten these things? We do both work from home and have animals so maybe we're not a model customer.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Not so great if you have puppies that aren't house trained in your house. Takes the good part of a Saturday to clean up a Roomba that happened to find dog poop. Don't ask how I know this.
    Ohhhhh, what a horrifying thought. did it track said poop all over the house.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    How much do you have to change the temperature in your house? I've never really gotten these things? We do both work from home and have animals so maybe we're not a model customer.
    Often, actually. Especially in times like this, with changing weather. It makes it easier to manage the whole house.

You do see bigger gains from it when people aren't home all day though.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking