Likes Likes:  13

Thread: WRUW November 2017 starts here:

WRUW November 2017 starts here:

Welcome my vintage friends. picked this up last month it needed work I had to fixed the hands / case and a bit of a polish and a bit of tlc to the movement. and you have some thing made back in the 50's still working and looking dam fine. to some way too small, but still it has a lot of presences,

Have a lovely month ahead guys wishing you all the best..

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Dan R, Smeagal liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

Welcome my vintage friends. picked this up last month it needed work I had to fixed the hands / case and a bit of a polish and a bit of tlc to the movement. and you have some thing made back in the 50's still working and looking dam fine. to some way too small, but still it has a lot of presences,

Have a lovely month ahead guys wishing you all the best..

As always Ismy
    Very nice! Do you recall how many jewels it has? I am guessing it has no shock absorber for the balance wheel? I’ve always wondered how well these faired over time.
    Dan

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Very nice! Do you recall how many jewels it has? I am guessing it has no shock absorber for the balance wheel? I’ve always wondered how well these faired over time.
    Dan
    can dig it out and take a look it had a swiss movement but one of those solid plates so you don't get to see much. it had a porcelain dial rolled gold case .. and as it from got to be 40's / 50's and after a quick tinker by me it working and holding time ( not even a watch smiths ) I got to say they seem to last got two working ones this one and a solid silver round case one ... and got a couple of none runners too ,

just took a look does not say at all no marking what so ever on it inside case says rolled gold and then foreign and the dial is unsigned too
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

well border line vintage but any whooo

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes Dan R, Smeagal liked this post

58 Seamaster
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

9. Likes is that my watch, Dan R, Smeagal, OhDark30 liked this post
    Sinn 157

Humbly Conquering the World, One Watch at a Time!

Horologically Yours, Rick

11. Likes Dan R, watchdaddy1, Smeagal, OhDark30 liked this post