Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New member in New England

New member in New England

Hello, it's good to be here.
    My modest collection is eclectic. I have a few automatics but I lean towards quartz. What can I say, I like accuracy in a watch. I wear a couple that I've inherited and a couple that were gifts. I've bought a few myself, and a couple came from thrift shops and tag sales.

I'm currently pretty much in love with the relatively new Bulova 262 kHz quartz movement, with two Accutron II watches in my rotation. A black Snorkel and a blue dial Surveyor. I put the Surveyor on a black leather strap; the bright blue one that was original with the watch is too bright for my taste. Below is the blue Surveyor.

I also like dive watches for their clear displays. I have one "real" dive watch, a Seiko solar quartz.

Name:  Accutron II Surveyor Blue.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  74.1 KB

hiya hope you will enjoy it here ..well there's no doubt you will best dam forum around and that the plain and simple truth
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes Mystic Nerd liked this post
    Hello and welcome aboard.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

5. Likes Mystic Nerd liked this post
    Welcome. Sharp looking Bulova. How old is it?

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

7. Likes Mystic Nerd liked this post

9. Likes Mystic Nerd liked this post

11. Likes Mystic Nerd liked this post
    Blog Entries
    WELCOME! In the pic it's such a dark blue that it makes it look black.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Nerd View Post
    Hello, it's good to be here.
    My modest collection is eclectic. I have a few automatics but I lean towards quartz. What can I say, I like accuracy in a watch. I wear a couple that I've inherited and a couple that were gifts. I've bought a few myself, and a couple came from thrift shops and tag sales.

I'm currently pretty much in love with the relatively new Bulova 262 kHz quartz movement, with two Accutron II watches in my rotation. A black Snorkel and a blue dial Surveyor. I put the Surveyor on a black leather strap; the bright blue one that was original with the watch is too bright for my taste. Below is the blue Surveyor.

I also like dive watches for their clear displays. I have one "real" dive watch, a Seiko solar quartz.

Name:  Accutron II Surveyor Blue.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  74.1 KB

13. Likes Mystic Nerd liked this post
    Welcome we have a nice group in the Boston area hope you can make one of the GTG's

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. Likes Mystic Nerd, wschofield3 liked this post

New member in New England

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Welcome. Sharp looking Bulova. How old is it?
    Not very old at all. It's a model 96B212, first sold on Amazon June 18, 2014. I received it yesterday so for me, it's new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    WELCOME! In the pic it's such a dark blue that it makes it look black.
    To my eyes, the photo made it look darker than it is in life. It's a sunburst type dial so different parts have different shades, but overall it's not quite that dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk