I already posted up on the Omega forum when I joined a few days ago, but I figure this was probably where I should have posted first. Anyway, I thought I'll cut & paste what I wrote there and put it here by way of introduction.

Worked in hospitality for 22 years (I started early) before going into retail where I worked at a wristwatch boutique for eleven years. Got out of retail two years ago to return to study. With any luck, I'll be working in a library sometime next year. Similar to retail, in terms of customer/patron interaction, but I don't have to try to sell them anything.

Wristwatch-wise, I got...damn, I think it's 32 watches. Ten of them are a mix of modern and vintage Omegas (my favourite brand) and the rest of the collection includes a couple of Tudors, a few Seiko, a Tissot, a Hamilton, a Sinn 103 chronograph, and a bunch of other brands. Gonna have to thin the collection down a little, one day. And, come hell or high water, I will have a Rolex Submariner 5513 added to the collection sometime soon. That's the watch that got me hooked on these things. I was an impressionable kid back in the mid-Seventies when my Dad took my brother and I to a Bond double-bill. As soon as Roger Moore cut through the ropes with the buzz-saw bezel on his watch, I was hooked. On both Bond and Submariners.
Of course, I probably could have bought two or three Subs over the years instead of thirty-two other watches, but hey...

Other collections include fountain pens, three or four 35mm film cameras (and I'm no better a photographer than I was back in '81) and, wait for it, typewriters. Yes, you read it right. The 20th Century is alive and well in my house. And I actually use them for writing when inspiration strikes.
Which is ideally what I'd like to do when I grow up.
Anyway, that's me in about 20 sentences. It ain't much, but it's all true.
All I have to do now is come up with a nifty avatar.

Anyway, what's a post without a pic? Here's one, in glorious black and white.
For atmosphere.

Cheers, all!