Likes Likes:  0

Thread: **** Questions on a module 1647 ****

**** Questions on a module 1647 ****

Well I bought a dw 003 the other week none working well it arrived today so I strip it and clean it and put a new battery in at first I thought complete shot as it was error messaging in that the colour block was all in and the numbers was missing digits and just not looking right, any way I jump it and it's working fine now well almost but the lights not it's not the button strip it and check it and also I tried setting the auto light so it should come on with a twist of the wrist but still no luck

So to my question how easy is it to fix this as would guess the light blown have not fixed a problem like this before so is the module shot then or is there a quick fix mean worse case it works just no light but hmmm like me a light

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

AFAIK the motion detector is a steel ball in a tube.
    If shaked in the right direction the ball is shorting contacts and the light fires.

Some peolple say that some harde knocks can shake the ball loos and make the auto light working again.
    But maybe thee is corrosion preventing the contacts from shorting.

There are some additional components involved in the EL light.

maybe you can hear the step up converter chirping when the light button is pressed.
    Then the electrical system is OK so far and the EL is faded or contact to the display panel is lost.
    1. never trust cloud services
    2. always keep control of your data

can hear it contacting when pressing the button but nothing else .... I have realise I have another one of these so what I have done is matched up the fully working module with this case as it is the better of the two so got one fully working one that looks great ..then one that sorta ok but no light everything else seems to work so guess the one is my new beater till I can find some info out on possible repair
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

well strip again check everything replace the new battery with another one did a few ac restarts checked it was not a c clamp contacting else where everything works as it should sound alarm just no light
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy